Re: SIMS 4 WONT OPEN HELP

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMS 4 WONT OPEN HELP

★ Novice

Hello,

So I went to open the sims 4 and when opening the game froze on the loading page where 'the sims 4' logo comes up before going into the game. My game froze and the application was not responding. I assumed that since I had downloaded cc previous that, that was the reason but when removing all the mods it still wasn't working. I turned off origin in - game, I restarted origin and my mac but it still isnt working. I removed my sims 4 folders from the electronics art folder because someone had recommended that but then all my cc that was working was gone and all loaded games were gone. I have spent hours trying to fix it and it's driving me insane.

Thankyou

Message 1 of 3 (386 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@majaakosavic

Removing The sims4 folder to the desktop it was a good idea, but you missed all steps after it.
Next
Step 1. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Step 2. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old - on the desktop, one new

Step 3. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with the random sim and play for 10 minutes.
If the problem disappeared

Step 4. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.

Step 5 Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.

Step. 6, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.

Step 7. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file

Step 8. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

Step. 9. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder from the desktop. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (367 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@majaakosavic

Removing The sims4 folder to the desktop it was a good idea, but you missed all steps after it.
Next
Step 1. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Step 2. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old - on the desktop, one new

Step 3. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with the random sim and play for 10 minutes.
If the problem disappeared

Step 4. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.

Step 5 Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.

Step. 6, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.

Step 7. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file

Step 8. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

Step. 9. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder from the desktop. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (368 Views)

★ Novice

THANKYOU !!!!!

Message 3 of 3 (343 Views)