Re: SIMS 4 UPDATE WONT LET CC RE-ENABLE

by missnickkie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMS 4 UPDATE WONT LET CC RE-ENABLE

★★★★★ Novice

So I get that EA has chose to disable mods and cc for updates. When I start my game, the notice pops up letting me know that my game has been updated and that all CC and mods were disables. It also states that I can re-enable them at any time through the options menu.

I went into my options menu, re-enabled my CC, and then restarted the game as prompted. When the games restarts, the same disabled mods notice pops up every time.

I have:

- repeated the process

- removed all CC from the mods folder and put in a little at a time

- uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 4 completely

- removed all previously dowloaded CC from my game and installed new CC that is supposedly recent and "up-to-date"

It happens every time no matter what.

Is there a way around this? Or a way to maybe remove the most recent update and go back to the base? I am completely fine with how my game was running last time I played.

Message 1 of 18 (99,512 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (101,613 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try moving the following file to the desktop: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\options(.ini)

Then start the game. All your settings will be reset to default so you need to all set them again but hopefully they will then stick.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (99,403 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nope Frown did the same thing... thanks for the try,

Message 3 of 18 (99,390 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (101,614 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Holy crapola... it actually worked. Thank you much! :D

Message 5 of 18 (99,374 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear.

Thanks for your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (99,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie
this will sound really dumb but how do i make a backup?? i 've basically had the same problem - i went on sims 4 and entered the options menu and enabled the cc and script mods, i restarted the game like it told me but then when i went back on the options to see if it worked and the cc option disabled itself... idk what to do, it hasnt been working for months now
Message 7 of 18 (97,349 Views)

Hero

Just make a copy of this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ to your desktop or any other place on your hard drive

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (97,342 Views)

★ Apprentice

I too tried this and it worked like a charm. It also solved another problem that had been ongoing with my in-game pictures showing up black. While this is a long process (as my game tends to load slow), it was worth the work! 12/14/2018

Message 9 of 18 (95,562 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm having the same problem with the script mods switch not turning on, how did you get it to work, because the other post confused me...
Message 10 of 18 (92,976 Views)