by nozkee-

Original Post

Highlighted

SIMS 4 UI Bug After Cottage Living Update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The UI menu shows different icons than what theyre supposed to show.
What happens when the bug occurs? The UI gets really confusing and cant fidn the right one for the right actions.
What do you expect to see? The correct icons for the correct pie menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Cottage Living and the new patch update.

here are some screenshots of the UI bug.

Message 1 of 8 (1,401 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 UI Bug After Cottage Living Update

Hero
@nozkee- Most likely some UI still mods still active. Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,265 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same bug I went through my mods and found that the mod causing the bug was "vicor andrade's direct controls" idk if you have that mod too but that is what was causing the bug for me.

Message 3 of 8 (1,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, maybe i can help
Try update or delete any mod that affects the UI (for example, UI Extension Mod). I had same problem few days ago, then after i delete my UI Extension Mod the icons went back to normal.

Message 4 of 8 (1,156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also, another mod that causes this glitch is Tmex-BuildCam.package and I think we should start compiling a list of bugs for mods that cause this glitch! :>

Message 5 of 8 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Aurora2433 Here's the current list for broken mods/cc https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/993732/broken-updated-mods-cc-sept-21-spa-day-refresh-pa...

it's not specific for this issue but it should help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (911 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Oh yeah this awesome!! thank you so much!!
Message 7 of 8 (906 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I needed this link. Been looking so much. Thank you!
Message 8 of 8 (873 Views)