SIMS 4 This Code Has Already been Used.

by MaliceBunnie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMS 4 This Code Has Already been Used.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I bought the Sims4 game when it first came out and installed it onto my computer. I played for a few hours. Didn't pick it back up until yeaterday when I tried to run it and it asked for the profuct code to "activate" the game. I tried to put the code back in thinking it was just some sort of mix up and it said that the product code had already been used. Which I know since I am the one that used it awhile back on the same computer when I first installed the game. I went through all of the FAQ's on how to fix it, making sure that the game wasn't hidden, that origin was showing all games and even trying to reload all my games. It still wasn't showing up in My Games tab. So I went to the exterme and uninstalled orgin and reinstalled. Didn't work. Uninstalled the Sims 4 and tried to reinstall but it is still telling me that the product code that I am using has been used already.

I sat for two hours last night waiting to talk to someone online and have been sitting for about four hours today so far. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I would really like to just play my Sims 4.

I bought the limited edition version, from best buy.

Oh and I already went through the other forum post that was like this one and nothing on it helped me.

Message 1 of 7 (706 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SIMS 4 This Code Has Already been Used.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

In these situations there is normally an account mixup, where the logged-in account is not the one that was used to purchase the game. Do you have any other email addresses that you might use for game logins? Please try cycling through these, checking the My Games section each time. 

If you're still having no luck, an agent should be able to assist in tracking down the fate of your product code.

Check the link for how to contact support: http://help.ea.com/en/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center/

Are you still seeing long wait times? These should be resolved now, sorry for the delay previously. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (683 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having this EXACT problem.  Hope that someone responds to this.

Message 2 of 7 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

In these situations there is normally an account mixup, where the logged-in account is not the one that was used to purchase the game. Do you have any other email addresses that you might use for game logins? Please try cycling through these, checking the My Games section each time. 

If you're still having no luck, an agent should be able to assist in tracking down the fate of your product code.

Check the link for how to contact support: http://help.ea.com/en/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center/

Are you still seeing long wait times? These should be resolved now, sorry for the delay previously. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 7 (684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happend to me too is possible for a new code for me

Message 4 of 7 (519 Views)

Community Manager

@XxOskiexX1 In your case there's no need for a new code. Log into the same account that you used when you were playing before and you can redownload/reinstall the game within Origin without needing another code. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 7 (511 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the EXACT same problem. I have never used another email address, and what's more, the Sims4Demo shows up in my library, instead of the game.
Message 6 of 7 (450 Views)

Hero

Hi @CrystalSugar2103 

it's probably best to contact a game advisor if above suggestions don't work for you.

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (437 Views)