Re: SIMS 4 - SIMS STANDING OUTSIDE WAITING BEFORE EACH GAME PLAY.

by sarahr0sie

Original Post

SIMS 4 - SIMS STANDING OUTSIDE WAITING BEFORE EACH GAME PLAY.

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem or if this problem has already been talked about. And if so, I apologize for the repetitiveness. I didn't know where to go to find the answer. For some reason--and I think this happened after the update this December--every time I go to play a household, a box pops up where I have to click on a particular sim, in like a household of 5, to play. I press one randomly and then it sends me to the house where every sim in the household is standing outside idly waiting for command, as if I had just left them there in the last game play--which I didn't. They are always left doing something when I leave the game when saving and exiting. I'm not sure what the problem is and I'm not sure if my work is even being saved anymore. And I know for a fact that I've been pressing the save button and then the exit. Please help.

Message 1 of 6 (1,471 Views)

Hero

Try if you have the same problem if you use save as instead of save.

There has been an issue where progress wasn't properly saved and that was fixed but I get the sneaking suspision that it's back.

So, play your game and make sure you give them something to do, then use save as and use a new name. Then reload that instead of pressing the play button.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I used to save by "save and exit," but since I've used just save and then later exit it seems to be starting as it should now. Although this I've only done for one family, I'll try the method you've suggested if it still is a problem with my other sim families. Thanks!
Message 3 of 6 (1,455 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening in my game too with multiple lots/families. Also, if I save the game and it's a Sunday - play a different lot, save that and go back to the other lot, it will be a different day. Is this normal? I don't want to lose progress in any of my games and this is constantly happening to almost all of my Sims families.

Message 4 of 6 (1,440 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,432 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I for one thank god for the little things like the small updates that ea gives us. I wish they would make it so that the game will save properly in the next update or sometime soon. I would really appreciate that. There's no use in having a free content update if the game doesn't act as it supposed to. Please fix. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (1,203 Views)