SIMS 4 Launcher Not Staying Open

by kimtina01

Original Post

SIMS 4 Launcher Not Staying Open

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I just recently downloaded the Sims 4 on my PC.  I have previously had it on my Macbook Pro but now that I purchased a PC I decided to download it on the PC also.  However, I have ran into an issue with the game.

The game will launch, however within seconds the launcher will minimize back to the taskbar.  When I click on the the icon to launch it back up again the same issue ensues and the game will launch back to where it was currently at in the loading process, and then minimize back to the launch bar within seconds.  I've tried to look up the possible problems but have found nothing that can solve my issue.  

I was wondering if anyone else on here has ran into the same issue or if anyone has any suggestion on how to fix it.  Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2 (201 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 Launcher Not Staying Open

Champion (Retired)

@kimtina01 

The launcher is Origin it is normal that this minimizes. Are you perhaps talking about the games loading screen instead? If so try this. Rightclick the game in Origin and select Game Properties. On the Advanced tab add -w to the Command line arguments. Then start the game. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (177 Views)