SIMS 4 INSTALLATION FROM DISC.

by Amyy_D17

Original Post

SIMS 4 INSTALLATION FROM DISC.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I bought a hard copy of the sims 4, today. It keeps making me downlaod the game from Origin,
which is taking forever with it being four hours into installing, it's only at 15% D': 
I don't understand how to install from the disc's. 
I've followed advice on other forums, restarting the PC, closing down Origin and re-insterting the disc, turing the internet off etc...

But nothing happens, it keeps going back to downlaoding from Origin. 
It feels like such a waste of a money for a hard copy that essentially is doing nothing!
Any help would be much appreciated as its getting very irritaing now. Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (443 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 INSTALLATION FROM DISC.

★ Apprentice
If Origin is downloading your game and you would rather install from disc, you can stop the download, and open Explorer in Windows (windows key-E) and double click on the Sims 4 DVD icon. This will start disc installation. 

If you are still worried about Origin downloading the game, you can set Origin to Offline mode while you install from the disc.
Message 2 of 7 (404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ordered the game from Ea/Origin,I have not yet received the game,are you telling me that we have to download this game from Origin?I do not want to do that,if I cannot download the game from the disk then I think it will be a waste of time,I have not yet received my game.I am not computer smart and don't need the hassle in downloading from a site

Message 3 of 7 (391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have had the same problem. It is ridiclous, paying a lot of money for the hard discs and they are not even of use. I have tried what they have suggested and went offline in origin. I started my disc and the instructions came up, i clicked continued and nothing is happening. I have been looking all over the web and on multiple fourms and nothing seems to work. Way too much trouble for this game, I might just get my money back,

Message 4 of 7 (353 Views)

★ Novice
I tried all that too! I eventually left it to download, it took from yesterday afternoon till this morning.
Turns out I don't even need the discs to play it now. Took it back to the shop and received my money back. What a waste of time and money it's been!
Message 5 of 7 (344 Views)

★ Novice
It seems it's been different for everyone. Some have been successful and managed to install from the disc, others like myself have not been and have had various problems.
I left it to download, and it turns out I don't even need the discs to play it now, so I took it back to the shop and got my money back.
Message 6 of 7 (338 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Amyy_D17 I have moved your topic from the Origin forums to the Sims 4 section. Please do not create Sims 4 topics on the Origin section.

As mentioned in this thread http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/READ-HERE-For-any-type-of-issues-with-The-Sims-4/td-p/3432433

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7 (323 Views)