SIMS 4: Game Stuck on Loading Screen After Selecting Household

by DarniaNarnia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMS 4: Game Stuck on Loading Screen After Selecting Household

★★ Novice

So, I haven't played TS4 in maybe a few months but today I decided to do so.

Before, I did have a few mods that supposedly conflicted with each other (I use ModConflictDetector) but I could still play the game fine so I just left it and it was all good. But ever since I updated the game, it won't load when I'm in the maps and selecting a household to play. I can still create new sims and all that perfectly but then when I move them into a household for game play, it just stays on the loading screen forever.

This has happened before and all I had to do was delete a few mods that conflicted with each other but this time is different. I've already tried backing up my files and run a new game to create another 'The Sims 4' folder and the game worked when it was fresh but when I added my Mods folder in, it stopped working again so I reckon there's a problem with the mods and cc I have but the problem is that I've now already deleted ALL of the mod conflicts with the ModConflictDetector and it still won't work.

I really love having mods and cc in my game (I have roughly 1,000 altogether) and so I don't want to have to delete them all again as I have already had to do that multiple times in the past and I don't want to have to go through the trouble of searching up each one to see if they're outdated or not.

Would there be a possible fix to this?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4 (3,849 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SIMS 4: Game Stuck on Loading Screen After Selecting Household

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @DarniaNarnia 

There is no shortcut for your mods and cc with game updates and new packs, you always must do the cull - 50/50 method or a folder at a time. The thing with mods and cc; it's up to the maker of them to update them along with game updates or new packs (to make them compatible).

More tips below, including the SimsVIP's regular posting on broken mods/cc checklist.

Spoiler
 I use 1000's of cc & mods, but keep them updated regularly, and set them up in different folders to sort when an issue arises such as Sims Game Update or adding a pack. (note, my game loads in a couple of minutes)

• Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.

• Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack,

• I use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac.

• Dimitry's Mod Conflict Detector at mod the sims is good to have and you say you use it,  Though it is not a sure fire fix, it does help with conflicts and Sims 3 / 2 items 

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (3,950 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Forgot to mention, when I create sims, in the skin tones and hair colour options, there are those red circles with white crosses in them on the left.
I also read up on another post who had the same thing and someone replied that ModConflictDetector isn't that great. So I understand that, but I still don't know what else I could do?
Message 2 of 4 (3,845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @DarniaNarnia 

There is no shortcut for your mods and cc with game updates and new packs, you always must do the cull - 50/50 method or a folder at a time. The thing with mods and cc; it's up to the maker of them to update them along with game updates or new packs (to make them compatible).

More tips below, including the SimsVIP's regular posting on broken mods/cc checklist.

Spoiler
 I use 1000's of cc & mods, but keep them updated regularly, and set them up in different folders to sort when an issue arises such as Sims Game Update or adding a pack. (note, my game loads in a couple of minutes)

• Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.

• Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack,

• I use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac.

• Dimitry's Mod Conflict Detector at mod the sims is good to have and you say you use it,  Though it is not a sure fire fix, it does help with conflicts and Sims 3 / 2 items 

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 3 of 4 (3,951 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you! I appreciate the help. I'll try the 50/50 method Standard smile
Message 4 of 4 (3,828 Views)