Re: SIMS 3 WONT REGISTER ACCOUNT

by rumbutter

Original Post

SIMS 3 WONT REGISTER ACCOUNT

★★★ Newbie

So i've had the sims 3 for almost a year, and unfortunately cannot purchase any new content for it, because it will not create a sims 3 website account with my code that came with the direct digital download from origin. It says that when you directly download it through origin, it automatically registers your product to the origin account. But because it did this, it will not let me create a sims 3 account with this code, because it is already registered (to my origin account, which launches the sims 3 game) 

What do i need to do to be able to register this code to a sims account, so i can download new content for it?
It will not let me sign in with my origin account, it is a separate account.

Thank you anyone for any help you can give, i have been so frusterated i stopped playing the game numerous times because of this Frown

Thank  you!!!!!!!! <3

Message 1 of 14 (5,864 Views)

Hero (Retired)

have you tried to log into the sims 3 site with your email you used for origin and the passowrd for origin

Message 2 of 14 (5,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got same problem - And yes - i've "registered" trough my Origin Account.
Two expansions get detected, Sims 3 unfortunately not. What can i do, to attach Sims 3 to my origin account at thesims3.com ?

Message 3 of 14 (5,821 Views)

Hero (Retired)

first log into your origin try the reload my games in your origin account or check the my games tab to see if the game is the hide my games if it's there then unhide

last but not least  contact CS

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.
If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.
See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Message 4 of 14 (5,815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi

i've logged on to my origin account and then clicked on the sims  3 game too play it and when it loads you choose your

town but you have to log in and i do my origin log in because thats what it tells me to do then it goes on to a new register page

and i agreed to the terms and privacy conditions and clicked sign up, it loads but then goes back to the page and i end up having to

do it all over again and its really annoying ive tried loads of times to sort it out but it wont let me register.

please help! i want to play on it!

Message 5 of 14 (5,105 Views)

Hero
Please contact a game advisor

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (5,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. And I have been sitting waiting for an adviser at least an hour and a half. Will I ever get my Cow Plant?  This is a widespread issue, and has been so for a good while.  It  shouldn't be hard for them to fix it, but I guess with sims 4, they may be occupied.   Frown  This has been going on for MOOONTHS. Maybe longer.

Message 7 of 14 (5,042 Views)

★ Novice

i'm the sme I have no clue what to do

Message 8 of 14 (1,049 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 9 of 14 (1,038 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you This Was Very Helpful! I Have Had The Sims 3 For Over 2 Months And Couldn't Log In!!!
Message 10 of 14 (813 Views)