SIMS 3 University Life Expansion Pack- Registration Code invalid on PC

by knirth

Original Post

Re: I have my sims 3 disc but i do not have an code

@kimninii  EA does not allow codes to be reused or transferred between owners.  So there's unfortunately nothing you can do other than to buy the game again.  Sorry.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 150 of 194 (1,282 Views)

SIMS 3 University Life Expansion Pack- Registration Code invalid on PC

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I decided to open my sims 3 university expansion pack after many years to play.. However, when putting the disc in my pc and trying to install, it asked for my registration code, so I used the one in my disc case and it says it is invalid. So I went online to the sims portal and found that I may have actually put in the code years ago. So it was already used. What do I do? I need a new code? How?

Message 151 of 194 (656 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 University Life Expansion Pack- Registration Code invalid on PC

@knirth  Check your account to see whether the pack is already registered.  Open your Origin game library, click on the Sims 3 icon, select More > Expansion Packs, scroll down to University Life, and see whether you can download the pack.  If you can, then you don't need to do anything else.

If Origin says you need to buy the pack, you may have registered it in a different account.  In that case, you'd need to contact EA customer support to ask for help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Take a photo of the disc, case, and the insert with the product code showing; you can upload it when you're submitting the request for help.

Message 152 of 194 (638 Views)

Re: My computer won't read the sims 3 disk

★★★ Newbie

What if it is a used disc that I've had but had to move it to a different computer, so it wont accept the code.

Message 153 of 194 (598 Views)

Re: My computer won't read the sims 3 disk

@XBrGaX  If you previously registered the game to your EA/Origin account, you can download it from your Origin game library, no disc necessary.

If you bought the disc used and couldn't register it at the time, then there's probably nothing you can do, sorry.  EA doesn't support used copies of its games.

Message 154 of 194 (596 Views)

Re: Code already used.

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, did you ever get it resolved? I had a case created and EA just closed it without helping me at all.

Message 155 of 194 (624 Views)

Product code

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I want to play sims 3, and trying to redeem the product code but it then says that it has already been consumed. I used it before with cd. What should I do?

Message 156 of 194 (681 Views)

Re: Product code

@mrpraha  If you registered the code in Origin when you previously installed the game, or registered it later in Origin or on the old Sims 3 site, then you can't use it again.  However, you should be able to sign into the same Origin account where the code was registered and download Sims 3 from your game library, no need to use a code.

If you're not sure what email address you used back then, try entering any address you can think of in Origin's sign in window and clicking "Forgot your password?"  Any address associated with an Origin account should receive a password recovery email.  Be sure to check the spam folder as well.

Message 157 of 194 (650 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Glad you want to help eventhough u don't work for EA. I come across a bunch of dead ends on the Origin/EA help/support. It seems impossible.
Maybe you can help me out? I ordered yesterday 14 Sims 3 games on g2a. I redeemed 10 of them. 4 out of the 14 i cannot redeem on origin.
It says the code is invalid. Now i contacted the seller but they say only Origin can help?
What can i do when the code is invalid? I checked their websites but its only dead ends ... frustrating!

Message 158 of 194 (640 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Piimper  The best approach would be to get a refund from G2A for the four codes that don't work.  The problem with buying codes from unauthorized keysellers is that sometimes the codes are invalid, most often because they were originally stolen or otherwise fraudulently obtained.  When that happens, EA isn't going to help—from its perspective, it was never paid for the codes and doesn't have to honor them, especially since the codes weren't sold by an authorized retailer.

I'm surprised that G2A won't help you here.  Among keysellers, it has a better reputation for offering refunds than others, unless something has changed recently.

In a way, you might be lucky here.  The other common occurrence is that product codes like this work initially but are later blocked when EA does an accounting.  In those cases, it's often too late to get a refund, and people are stuck with packs they can't use and can't even rebuy from Origin without jumping through hoops.

Message 159 of 194 (633 Views)