Re: Sims 3 wont launch

by xoxjessicax

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 wont launch

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I actually done want you previously commented and it’s working, thank you!
Message 221 of 433 (1,594 Views)

Re: Sims 3 - Game won't load - Windows 10

★★★ Newbie
@itstoriduh It worked for me too!!! Thank you for the link!
Message 222 of 433 (1,300 Views)

Re: Sims 3 launcher wont start

★★★ Newbie

I just found the perfect solution! (August 2022)

I tried almost everything mentioned here in this thread and I think I have the ultimate solution without reaching to EA:

1. Download DirectX 9 here 

2. Make sure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is installed download here 

3. Make sure your graphics card is recognised (especially when you have a newer PC), really easy with this little program: here 

4. Install the intel alder lake patch (that’s what made my game finally work again!!) download here 

I hope I can help some of you because I was almost giving up. 

Message 223 of 433 (910 Views)

Re: Origin will not launch The Sims 3 when I press play, I have tried everything

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for helping me fix this! Following this thread and finding out that it was Direct X9 that was the issue all along. Had to wipe my laptop a few months back because of a virus and since then the Sims 3 wouldn’t launch. Honestly so happy have the game back, been back and forth with Origin support trying to find a solution but now it’s finally all sorted Standard smile

Thank you!  

Message 224 of 433 (661 Views)

New Sims 3 launcher won't open

★ Novice

Not sure if there's a current thread to this topic but I couldn't find anything recent or find a way to add to this post so I've decided to create a new post.

So recently I got a new computer so I decided to reinstall the Sims 3 after a few months of absence from the game. (Due to my old one being broken.) I used origin to download the Sims 4 successfully. No issues with that. cool. The problem occurred when I decided to install the sims 3. No problems with the download itself, but when I attempt to play the orange play button on origin, it minimizes itself for a few seconds then reappears. It seems that the separate sims 3 launcher will not open itself.

I've attempted 2 options so far by looking at previous related threads. (Which I couldn't figure out to add to.)

1. Was to go into C:/Programe files(86x)/Origin games and find the launcher then go to properties, compatibility and set it 'run this program for compatibility' to windows 7. I've done this and restarted my device. No change.

I uninstalled and reinstalled all the content for the game. (The compatibility is still set to windows 7)

2. Was to reinstall direct 9x. I followed the instructions for this and restarted the device. No change

There was other options in other threads. The main solution was to go into Documents/ Electronica Arts/Sims 3 and to remove the cache or certain film then restart the game.

This is not possible for me. Since I haven't even successfully loaded to game yet the files that are supposed to appear in the documents section haven't appeared yet (E.G. I don't have any mods, downloads, tray files etc.)

Another option was to do to modthesims and update all my packs to date. I didn't think this was possible since most (all??) modthesims files require my mods folder which i don't have yet.

I've never had this issue on my previous pc although the only difference between this circumstance and the previous once is that I have a laptop (which I don't think is relevant) and i have a new expansion pack university life. (Not too sure if this is the issue)

Since I've exhausted all my options I've decided to head here for help even through most people just solved by playing around with their files. I would appreciate the help. Additonally heres a dxdiag since a thread told me to post it with the help.

Message 225 of 433 (1,350 Views)

Re: New Sims 3 launcher won't open

★ Novice

Slightly embrassing...

After the post I 'installed' directx 9 and ran the application then restarted the device... Erm it seems i didnt install it correctly. So yeah, ignore this lmao.

Message 226 of 433 (1,337 Views)

Re: sims 3 not launching

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict i just got a new laptop and when trying to play the sims 3 it told me to download .NET framework
so i did
and still it won’t launch!
i’m so upset why microsoft 😡
Message 227 of 433 (1,212 Views)

@Emily3234  .NET Framework 3.5 is one necessary resource, but it isn't the only one.  A few players still need to manually install DirectX 9, as described in the accepted solution in this thread, and you can try that too if you'd like.  If your computer has a 12th-gen Intel processor, you likely have this issue instead:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Otherwise, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 228 of 433 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you soooo much! After whole day of searching for solution, yours worked!
Message 229 of 433 (1,081 Views)

Re: Sims 3 launcher wont start

★★★ Newbie
@lunardustsims thank you.
the intel alder lake patch helped !!!
Message 230 of 433 (865 Views)