Re: Sims 3 - Game won't load - Windows 10

by Saturninex

Original Post

Re: Why won't Sims 3 work on Windows 10

@jpjz0818  What happens when you try to play?  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 51 of 433 (8,207 Views)

Sims 3 not launching, tried everything!

★ Novice

Hi all!
First time posting because I am having some mean issues trying to launch Sims 3 from my Metabox laptop. It's running windows 10 and I have all my sims games on origin, and when I go to launch the game Origin minimises for a moment and then pops straight back up. I've cleared the necessary caches, checked net framework 3.5 is enabled. I remember when downloading sims 3 on my surface I had some similar issues but managed to fix it (unsure how though!). 

The sims 3 launcher does not come up at all, and trying all the usual tricks nothing seems to be working. I've attached a dxdtiag file for those savvy. All my drivers and windows should be upto date. 
Please help and thank you! 

Message 52 of 433 (6,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

At the moment we are gathering information and investigating your issue.

I have merged all the messages regarding the issue in this one so the information doesn't get lost among different threads.

Please, try to follow the instructions written by @puzzlezaddict on the Accepted Solution. Please, if your issue is still not resolved, run a Dxdiag and attach it to a post: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thank you for your help and sorry for the inconvenience!

Groguet.png
Message 53 of 433 (6,088 Views)

Sims 3 Not Launching

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Before anyone recommends uninstalling Origin to reinstall it, doing the same with the game, disabling my firewall, putting the launcher in troubleshooting mode, or anything of the sort, just know I've tried that. Posting here is my absolute last resort. I tried calling EA earlier for support in the hopes that someone at EA could look at my permissions for the base game on my account and see if they've been compromised because of the account merge. That was the fix for someone else in this forum.

Inspiron 3505
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3450U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Message 54 of 433 (5,925 Views)

★ Novice

hi, I attached the dxdiag txt file on my original post. 

Message 55 of 433 (6,034 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Not Launching

@suiteimpact  There's a separate issue right now that's preventing Sims 3 from launching, and the solution to that is to reinstall DirectX 9.  So please try that first.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=8109

You don't need to uninstall anything; just download the installer and run it.  Restart your computer afterwards.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 56 of 433 (5,899 Views)

@Saturninex  Your dxdiag shows the same issue as everyone else in this thread has.  So you'll need to reisntall DirectX 9, as the accepted solution (on page one) describes.

Message 57 of 433 (6,023 Views)

Sims 3 not starting.

★ Apprentice

I seem to be having the same old problem with the Sims 3. It crashed a month ago and failed to launch after that but it's because I had an old hard drive that was failing overall. I've since installed a new hard drive with a fresh version of Windows 10 and I have reinstalled the base game and all the expansions and packs and once again I can't get it to launch. I tried the desktop icon and via origin and nothing works!

I've basically done everything suggessted via the forums from enabling .net32 to changing the launcher setting to compatibily and running as an administrator and everything else but nothing is happening. My laptop works well and meets the basics for running both the base game and all add ons without any issue.

I have here the system dxiag to help.

Would someone just help me as I really want to get back to playing it.

Message 58 of 433 (6,030 Views)

Re: Sims 3 not starting.

@nham23  Try reinstalling DirectX 9.  You don't need to uninstall anything; just download the installer from Microsoft and run it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Restart your computer afterwards and before trying to play.

Message 59 of 433 (6,025 Views)

Re: Sims 3 not starting.

★ Apprentice

I did just that and it’s working again. Thank you so much for your help with this.

Message 60 of 433 (6,000 Views)