Re: SIMS 3 Bought world won't show up in game

by ItsAlvaa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMS 3 Bought world won't show up in game

★★★ Novice

I bought Sunlit Tides from thesims3.com
I bought the normal version because I could not afford the gold version of this world. But it's not showing up in my game.
This is weird because I downloaded a free world at the same time, Riverview, and that world is in my game and can be played. 

Must I buy the gold version of Sunlit Tides for it to show up in my game? Because the world is in ''choose world'' when you're on the menu of the game, it just says I haven't purchased it. It says ''Sunlit Tides - Gold'' and then how many SimPoints it costs.

Sunlit Tides is in ''Installed Content'' in the launcher, and all the items that come with it are there as well. Yet it doesn't seem to be in game. I don't know if the extra items that come with the world are in the game, I have not checked.
I do play with CC, but I don't think that's the problem since, like I said, the other world I downloaded seconds before, Riverview, is playable and is in my game.

It also says in my profile on thesims3.com that I have the worlds Dragon Valley, Riverview and Sunlit Tides, which are all correct, I have all those worlds.
I've re-installed it multiple times but still, not working. What should I do?

Message 1 of 4 (1,348 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Okay, I got it to work! I un-installed it from the launcher completely, opened the game and installed it in-game!

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,394 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Update: In the launcher, it downloads two Sunlit Tides, both have the little store icon in the lower left corner, but the type says ''Object''. The other world I downloaded that worked is listed as type ''World''. Is there a way to change it's type?

Message 2 of 4 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Novice

Double update: When I install Sunlit Tides (through the launcher) it does list as a type World but it doesn't have the store icon anymore, it has the CC icon. And it still does not work.

Message 3 of 4 (1,334 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, I got it to work! I un-installed it from the launcher completely, opened the game and installed it in-game!

Message 4 of 4 (1,395 Views)