Re: SGI File Missing After Laptop Shut-Down

by blcndie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SGI File Missing After Laptop Shut-Down

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello!

Last night my Origin wasn’t loading so I uninstalled it.  Whenever I do this, I backup my Sims 4 just in case it may delete.  When I finally loaded my game up, I hadn’t put my saves or tray files back in, so I created a few Sims and saved them to my library.  When I went to take screenshots of them before closing my game, my laptop crashed and restarted.  When I unlocked my laptop, I put my saves and tray files back into their new folders.

All day today (7 July) the Sims 4 refused to load (thanks to my laptop continuously crashing) so I let it rest for a few hours and left out my mods and custom content.  When the Sims successfully loaded up, all of my saves and library-saves items were there, except the two Sims I created when I had a “brand-new game”.  I looked and noticed that the SGI files were missing.

I have tried taking everything out, reinstalling the Sims 4, and repairing the game through Origin, but nothing as worked.  This is the first time anything like this has happened—my laptop has crashed a few times before while my game was loaded, but it still saved the SGI files.

Is there anything else that I can do to solve this?  Or are those two Sims now gone?

Message 1 of 3 (477 Views)

Accepted Solution

@blcndie  If those files are nowhere on your computer, then yes, the two new sims are gone, unfortunately.  You can try searching This PC for *.sgi (an asterisk with the file extension), which should turn up any files with that extension, including the others you have.  Maybe you'll get lucky and the file was copied somewhere, as in when Windows is trying to sync with OneDrive.  Otherwise, there's likely nothing you can do.

If you want to troubleshoot the crashing issues, let me know, and please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (428 Views)

All Replies

@blcndie  If those files are nowhere on your computer, then yes, the two new sims are gone, unfortunately.  You can try searching This PC for *.sgi (an asterisk with the file extension), which should turn up any files with that extension, including the others you have.  Maybe you'll get lucky and the file was copied somewhere, as in when Windows is trying to sync with OneDrive.  Otherwise, there's likely nothing you can do.

If you want to troubleshoot the crashing issues, let me know, and please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict Thank you for the information.  I really appreciate it.

Message 3 of 3 (413 Views)