Re: SERIOUS LAG SINCE SEASONS UPDATE

by roberta591

Original Post

SERIOUS LAG SINCE SEASONS UPDATE

★ Novice

I have the Sims 4 on PC and ever since the Seasons update, Origin and the Sims has been acting up.

1st I had to uninstall and reinstall Origin because the update wouldn't complete.

After the update completed, I ran the game (I didn't buy Seasons yet) and all of my UI and my cursor was super small.

So I changed the UI Scale to 50, and ever since, the game runs RIDICULOUSLY slowly, which is not a problem I never had before.

I want to purchase Seasons but I'm not if I can't even play the game at a reasonable speed, that patch really messed up gameplay for me.

Has anyone else had the same problem or have a solution?

Message 1 of 6 (1,103 Views)

Hero

HI @deyadruh

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,069 Views)

★ Novice

Here it is:

Message 3 of 6 (1,056 Views)

Hero
Could you try updating your Nvidia graphics drivers ?

Also make sure the game runs on the card and not the chip

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,049 Views)

★ Novice

I did both & it still lags the same

Message 5 of 6 (1,006 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@deyadruh  First thing I notice is your computer is not a laptop but is known as a portable workstation. The graphics chip is not a gaming chip but is designed for precision and not speed. The device driver is not WHQL. The drivers are written with precision in mind and performance is not a consideration. Workstations are usually used in design work where absolute precision is mandated where an errors can not be tolerated. There are updates that errored that could cause issues. The dxdiag labels the Nvidia chip as discrete and this does not mean dedicated. I checked the game data base and  the Nvidia Quadro K1100M is included so the game should recognize the chip.While this chip should play the game the Quadro is not a "gaming" chip. The resolution 3200X1800 is higher then 1080 and lower then 4K. There really is no gain using this resolution for gaming - only the loss of performance. Try lowering the game resolution to 1080 and see how the game runs.

Message 6 of 6 (1,001 Views)