S4 University: Accepted but can’t enrol

by Willowdragon1988

Original Post

S4 University: Accepted but can’t enrol

★★ Novice

My Sim has her acceptance letter but there’s no option to enrol on either the computer or the mailbox. 

1. Sims is a young adult
  2. sim has no prior degrees 
  3. no mods installed 

any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (7,937 Views)

Re: S4 University: Accepted but can’t enrol

★ Guide

there is a known glitch from day 1 of uni release, if you move in a townie that was going to college or graduated with your sim,they can't enroll into college again. If you didn't play the premade uni families like the pleasants,fletcher and the roommates they will graduate on their own and can't go back. Plus they don't even have a degree and cant get the degree level starting bonus.

As my photos show,the pleasants and the roommates becca and julia graduated without me playing them they cant go back, then i moved in a townie with roommates, he cant enroll either cause he was a student which i didnt know he was. So i named their household college dropouts.

I got the pleasant sisters jobs and the class schedule still stays,as you can see in the photo lilith reapplied was accepted with acceptance letter,but cant go to college.

Oh and there's a 3rd glitch with townies, when your sim graduates other townie students appear in gown 4 graduation and graduate with your sim, but when u search 4 them in other households section they have no last names listed,its blank,yet when u see them on lots they still have their last names, u have to type in the last name for them b4 u can move them into a house. I have about 15 with no last names showing.

I have no mods or cc,its another ea glitch

Message 2 of 5 (7,901 Views)

★★ Novice

I haven’t used the townies at all, this is a brand new family. 

ive had the Uni pack since release day and have never had an issue with it, it’s only since yesterday that the enrol option has disappeared. 

I also tried a different family - also one of my own, living alone - and he can’t enrol either. 

Message 3 of 5 (7,879 Views)

@Willowdragon1988  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please start a new save and try to enroll a sim.  Let me know whether it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (7,861 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just had this issue as of 20 February 2023 and have found a workaround solution.

1) Remove the unreadable acceptance letter from the sim's inventory and place it somewhere on their lot.

2) Go into Build Mode, select the letter, and delete it.

3) Return to Live Mode and that will reset the university process for that sim. Have them reapply via the mailbox or computer.

4) The new letter should arrive the next day. Make sure to have the sim read it the day it arrives and they'll be able to select their university and classes!

Message 5 of 5 (4,069 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help