Re: S3 Showtime won't show up on launcher or in game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

S3 Showtime won't show up on launcher or in game

★★★ Novice

I purchased the Sims 3 Showtime about two days ago. Billing went through and it said that my purchase was successful. However when I opened the Sims 3 launcher it was not there, at all. I run the game, not there either.

So I go back into the EA app and click manage addons, all the packs I've downloaded say "Installed" next to them but Showtime just says "In game content"

I restarted my computer, repaired the sims 3, still nothing. I must not have downloaded showtime right away, but I thought it downloaded automatically? I'm stuck on what to do. Help??

Message 1 of 11 (778 Views)

@mcsimans  Please clear the EA App's cache and restart your computer.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Then open Manage > Manage Add-ons again and see whether you can download Showtime.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (762 Views)

★★ Novice

Clearing the cache and restarting did nothing to help. Still go back in and still says the same thing. I look into my installed programs in my computer and it doesn’t even say that showtime is installed but the app does. I just bought the expansion too on sale with supernatural. I had no trouble with supernatural, but showtime I do. 
same with university life that I have had forever and it will not download, just keeps saying preparing to download. 

I don’t know if this worked for the OP but not for me. Wondering if anyone else knows anything else that we could do. I have been non stop emailing EA and nothing is remotely helpful. At this point I just want my money back for the game I can’t play. 

Message 3 of 11 (694 Views)

@DarkChaoticangel  To be clear, the EA App thinks Showtime is installed, under Sims 3 > Manage > Manage Add-ons?  Any pack that's installed should say "installed" underneath it; if you see "in-game content" instead, that's a separate issue.

If the App thinks Showtime is installed, please run a search on your computer for EP06 , which is the name of Showtime's folder.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter EP06 in the search field in the upper-right corner.  Wait for the search to finish, then make sure the full file path is showing under each result.  If it's not, expand the window sideways as necessary.  Take a screenshot using Windows key-shift-S and attach it to a reply here.

The issue with University Life stuck preparing is separate and sometimes fixable by reinstalling Origin, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-expansion-pack-not-downloading-from-EA-app/m-p/...

When installing Origin, make sure that you've just tried to download UL from the EA App (so it's still pending, in a way), and that you check the box to allow Origin to keep itself and your games up to date.

Message 4 of 11 (676 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi thank you so much for replying. I was on my phone with that initial post so I am sorry that I caused a misunderstanding.
When I go on the EA App under Sims 3 > Manage > Manage Add-Ons showtime is listed as "in game content." but clearing the cache did not help. I did double check to make sure that I do not have the showtimes folder EP06 in my computer and I do not. 
With the University Life, I will download origin and try it that way, thank you very much. I didn't even think of doing that because I thought Origin was not useable anymore. 

Message 5 of 11 (666 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict thank you so much for your time. You have been so helpful. The origin workaround helped! I got both showtime and university life to become installed, at least what it says on the sims 3 launcher, but I trust that it will work when I start it up as it was not on the launcher previously before the origin fix. I know it says you don't work for EA but you were definitely the MVP for this fix. I have been emailing EA back and forth for a week and a half with no fix that they were mentioning that I haven't tried. I say you should get compensated for your work. Wish I could give you a star rating because you are a 5 star! Sorry. I am just so excited. 

Message 6 of 11 (660 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @puzzlezaddict !
I have the same problem as DarkChaoticangel with sims3 showtime.
I followed your instructions and I found the file EP06.
But what now?

I actually have two folders
The full path are 
"C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 3\EP06"

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 3\__Installer\DLC\EP06"

What can I do please?

Message 7 of 11 (235 Views)

@Loulounounette  I take it Showtime isn't showing up in the launcher for you?  Please check if you haven't already.

The fact that you have an EP06 folder inside "The Sims 4" means the pack has installed properly.  But as a test, I'd suggest deleting this folder and the EP06 folder inside Installer, then clearing the EA App's cache and reinstalling Showtime.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

When you go to delete the folders, make sure the EA App is closed and the EABackgroundService is NOT running in the background.

Message 8 of 11 (215 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, thank you for replying.

That's it, it's not showing up in the launcher.
I tried what you said and it still doesn't work. I also tried to install everything on another PC and it is the same problem. Only Showtime would not show up.

Message 9 of 11 (137 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there @Loulounounette 

It sounds like this pack may have been removed from your account- this isn't something we can check for over AHQ since we don't have access to your account details, but the live support team can take a look and see what's happening with your pack.

Please contact live support so they can check your entitlements for Showtime by submitting a help request here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/using-ea-help/ 

solaire.png

Message 10 of 11 (115 Views)