Re: S3 Seasons Temperature display stuck on celsius

by BlueRafael

Original Post

Accepted Solution

S3 Seasons Temperature display stuck on celsius

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The temperature display is stuck on celsius. I had never thought about it before now, but it suddenly occured to me that it wasn't displaying in fahrenheit. Not only does it not display in fahrenheit, the options panel for seasons claims that it is already set to fahrenheit, and won't let me change the setting. If I try and set it to celsius myself, it simply goes back to fahrenheit after I close the window, and open options again. 

I've tried setting the game to "Run as admin", I've tried letting the game remake my options.ini file, I've tried with and without mods, and I've tried several different saves. Nothing seems to make a difference.

I am fully patched, and have every currently released EP and SP except Sweet Treats.

Message 1 of 10 (880 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Holy crap that was annoying. I do not begin to understand how I fixed it, but I did. (It might help that I have been playing this series since day one, and know what to expect, I guess.)

I noticed in the middle of the original problem that Monte Vista had partially uninstalled itself. You see, I bought the "Worlds Bundle", and knew instantly that the convoluted install process was to blame. So I just unisntalled both worlds (after realizing that it installed the world and its items as two seperate things, both labled exactly the same..) and downloaded them from the store. After that, I realized I couldn't make a new save game. When the game tried to drop the family into the house and let me play, everything froze. 

I then reinstalled the 1.50 patch from the UniLife dvd, started a new game, and saved before dropping a sim into the world. When I did, to my amazment, I realized that the temperature bug was fixed, and so was Monte Vista. (And assumably Hidden Springs)

Why? How? Don't ask me. Voo Doo, as some sim players say. That must be the only explanation.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (911 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What is the value in the options.ini set to ?

Can't really tell you what the option is called in the file cause I don't have Seasons installed on this computer but try searching for Temperature or temp. It will probably be a number. My guess would be that 1 = F, 2 = C but I could be wrong of course.

Giving you XP for your detailed report what you've tried. Wish everyone did that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (859 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Actually, there isn't an option for temperature in the options.ini file. That is odd.

Message 3 of 10 (855 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hey Hey--

So I have Seasons and just searched through my Options.ini.

Mine has a line that says : iscelcius = 0

That's probably what you're looking for...change that number to 1 to enable Celcius is my guess; I have it set to Fahrenheit.

Message 4 of 10 (853 Views)

Hero

Thanks gaa for checking Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (846 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is beginning to become frustrating.

Just out of curiosity, I uninstalled, and reinstalled seasons. That didn't help.

I added iscelsius = 0, and it didn't seem to do anything, but then I noticed the game had obviously recognized it, and moved it a few lines above where I put it. (Either that or added things below it.. I added it at the very bottom, and it was three lines above the bottom after I loaded the game again.)

I then tried hitting "Restore Defaults" on the seasons option page. It resets everything to either 0, or off. When I hit OK, the game freezes. But ONLY when I have a save game loaded. On the main menu, it doesn't seem to do anything. I am starting to think that the game doesn't even recognize that the seasons options actually do anything. Both of the lunar cycle options are unselected, and will not stay selected, but it works as if I had the first option selected, and it cycles through the moon phases.

Message 6 of 10 (841 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Some of the options only work if you have started a savegame cause they are savegame specific. As far as I remember this goes for the age options and all Seasons options. The SN ones should be global though.

I have seen people with options not recognizing before but I'm unsure how to solve it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (838 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Also, I think it's best to make the changes to the Options text file and save them without having the game open at all.  I'm not sure if you were doing that (or if it matters) but that's how I always make my changes, and it seems to work fine. I've gotten rid of the weather, changed aging and lunar cycle lengths, etc.  Not sure why yours isn't taking.

Message 8 of 10 (829 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Holy crap that was annoying. I do not begin to understand how I fixed it, but I did. (It might help that I have been playing this series since day one, and know what to expect, I guess.)

I noticed in the middle of the original problem that Monte Vista had partially uninstalled itself. You see, I bought the "Worlds Bundle", and knew instantly that the convoluted install process was to blame. So I just unisntalled both worlds (after realizing that it installed the world and its items as two seperate things, both labled exactly the same..) and downloaded them from the store. After that, I realized I couldn't make a new save game. When the game tried to drop the family into the house and let me play, everything froze. 

I then reinstalled the 1.50 patch from the UniLife dvd, started a new game, and saved before dropping a sim into the world. When I did, to my amazment, I realized that the temperature bug was fixed, and so was Monte Vista. (And assumably Hidden Springs)

Why? How? Don't ask me. Voo Doo, as some sim players say. That must be the only explanation.

Message 9 of 10 (912 Views)

Hero

Voodoo works for me Standard smile

Great to hear you got it fixed although the solution does seem rather wild.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (796 Views)