Run Sims 3 without Origin

by GodWarz191

Original Post

Re: CAN WE START A RALLY to get the devs to allow us to PLAY THE SIMS 3 OFFLINE

★★★ Pro

@momnrod wrote:

My games are all disc and I am having this problem. It keeps telling me that I need to activate my games to play, but I have already done this, I have played the game plenty before with no problem, this just popped up out of the blue. I have been to many forums and tried suggestions, but nothing seems to be working. Its very frusterateing to have paid so much for these games and suddenly not be able to play them.

With the new Origin your better off with download version instead. Origin is having issues with Disc. You would manually have to uninstall your disc verisons and relpace them with download versions. Are you on Mac or PC?

Message 31 of 94 (5,224 Views)

Re: Run Sims 3 without Origin

★★★ Newbie

you are buying a CD so that you can play it anywhere you are..for example I want to go to my village and since I don't have WIFI I can't play it????This is silly!!!!You buy it exactly because you don't have an Internet connection and you want to play sth..I want the old SIMSSS!! I hate the new one's..And the best of all..I can't do anything to Origin..I've paid for that CD,you know and I want to play it when I wanna play it..My right! Confusedmileymad: Confusedmileymad:  

And after all fix it so that not always we have to get through Origin to play!!!

Message 32 of 94 (5,103 Views)

Hero

But you can do that offline. You only need to activate the game ONCE, verify it on every reinstall but after that you just login to Origin offline. You do NOT need wifi to play.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 94 (5,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin crashes my computer and I can`t have it on my laptop at all without it crashing everytime I even hover over the app!

Message 34 of 94 (4,832 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I personally don't have a Mac, Origin was originally made for a make *or so it says on the download screen* and if I try to download it on my laptop *yes I was dumb enough to try it -_-* it crashes :/... I would love to play a game I spent 20 dollars on!
Message 35 of 94 (4,721 Views)

Hero

If Origin crashes, I would make a post at the Origin board of AHQ. More knowledgable people there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 94 (4,717 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the still an prob it wont let me login unless im online
Message 37 of 94 (4,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As far as I know, this is the situation:

There are two main versions of the Sims 3, the original which was released on PC back in 2009 and the updated version which replaced that in 2012 (correct me if these dates are wrong).

If you purchased the game before the new version was released you can play truly offline, not what EA claim is offline, I have this version and can easily launch The Sims 3 games without having to be online or logged in to Origin.

However, if you have the newer version (post-2012) then, unfortunately you cannot do this, you will need to log in to Origin each time you want to play and then go offline from there.

Though this is not truly offline you can argue it, rightly so, with EA till you are blue in the face, but they will stick to their guns claiming this logging in to origin to verify the game is still offline.

Personally, I believe that this is very unfair for many reasons, they even advertised and promised that the Sims 4 would be offline, but that is not the case.

Some people have managed to work around the Log In requirement by launching the games as an administrator or from the .exe file, there are a number of ways to to this but with each updated version of Origin its becoming harder and harder.

They are clamping down on their customers using their own games, which have been rightly bought and paid for, the way they wish. And this is honestly, very unfair.

I read that back in 2012 a law was passed to make digital content more like physical content in that once a customer purchases it they can do what they please, whether thats modding or reselling it. However, it is funny that the same year this was passed that EA released a more restricted version of the sims 3, not allowing such activities. The law states that the product is purchased by the customer so can be used however they wish, yet upon installing the sims 3 games you can read in the first few lines that EA have worked round this by stating that the games you have purchased are merely licenses and not in any way your own property.

If you happen to contact Origin regarding any activation or code related issues, do be warned as they will try best they can to replace your pre-2012 game code with the newer one, to ensure you get stuck as everyone else is on here.

Message 38 of 94 (4,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so do you have any idea why origins has not been able to go online? I have been trying to get it to work for over 3 months. please help I have been getting pissed trying to contact origins and it just wont let me call or even give them my contact for them to respond.

Message 39 of 94 (4,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey!

I am just reeding this whooooole conversation from beggining and I have to say I have the same trouble. 

I don't understand what does 'acitvate your game once' mean. I don't know how I can activate it "correctly".

Could you explain it, please?

PS: I have the sims 3 Medieval though... but it could be the same trouble I suppose

Message 40 of 94 (3,907 Views)