Run Sims 3 without Origin

by GodWarz191

Original Post

Re: Run Sims 3 without Origin

★★★ Pro

bugvey, after reading my thread I posted above try this and let me know what happens

Computer C

program files x86 click to find origin games. Click on origin games, then click on the sims 3 file, then click on game file, then click on bin file. In the bin file find the TS3W file. Left click on the TS3W file. Let me know if teh TS3W file will  take you to the game buypassing origin and the launcher or when you left clck the sign into origin box pops up

Message 11 of 94 (36,454 Views)

★ Apprentice
No luck, it opens Origin and requires me to sign in.
Message 12 of 94 (36,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

sounds like your having same problem as me. Let me know what happens with your DxDiag on the errors and what operating system are you on windows . Post this info in the thread you started so that way I will save your specific thread that I can possibly use to reprot to EA

Message 13 of 94 (36,447 Views)

Hero

You should be able to sign into Origin in offline mode.

When did you buy the base game ? The newer base game version does require you to be logged in to Origin at all times but you can do so in offline mode. You do need to verify the installation once.

What error do you get when you try to login to Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 94 (36,435 Views)

★★★ Pro

Crin buguvy has another thread and he has same probelm with me with Origin. Origin has hijacked his game too.

Message 15 of 94 (36,433 Views)

Hero

It does depend on the version they have. You have two versions in Origin which may complicate things but if these people have the new version, Origin will start. That's how it works. Each case needs to be looked at individually and unless they state they have the old version and it doesn't work, it's all as it should be (not saying it's good, but that's how it works)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 94 (36,431 Views)

★★★ Pro

Crin op is having same problems as me. Origin has hijacked the TS3W file and the launcher as admin. It won't let him bypass the launcher and origin to play the game. When I click on properties on origin it states my computer is admin but what is happening is origin does not acknoledge ones own computer as admin and has taken over as admin.

Off line does no good because you need to be on line to get into origin to put it in off line mode. If the internet goes down or origin web goes down you cant play the game.

Message 17 of 94 (36,429 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I never been able to play sims 3 without Origin, but I have no problem with playing offline, I put origin in offline mode and then I disconnect myself from the internet cause it's run smoother when I do. 

Message 18 of 94 (36,425 Views)

★★★ Pro

I have always been able to bypass Origin and the launcher and never had to get on line to play the game. The Launcher runs high disc usage and so does origin hogging your ram. Bypassing both the game plays even better. 

Message 19 of 94 (36,422 Views)

★ Apprentice
If it does depend 'on the version of the game' then don't you think this should be relayed to the customer rather having us find out the hard way.
Message 20 of 94 (36,415 Views)