Run Sims 3 without Origin

by GodWarz191

Original Post

Re: Run Sims 3 without Origin

★★★★★ Novice

Mine won't even open because I don't have access.

Message 61 of 94 (1,798 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Asilee I posted  before to you - are you trying to run TS3 from your xbox one? Are you trying to start the game from access or the old pc icon? What does Origin say when you try to start the game from Origin?

Message 62 of 94 (1,792 Views)

★★ Novice

Theres actually a mac version you can buy I believe!! They don't work on all computers it tells you in the front of the case. Look up online..google it solves alot of my questions lol!!!!!

Message 63 of 94 (1,692 Views)

Re: CAN WE START A RALLY to get the devs to allow us to PLAY THE SIMS 3 OFFLINE

★ Novice

They should not require orgin to play I paid for the game I do not think I should have to log on to orgin just to play 

Message 64 of 94 (1,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi!

i actually have the same problem, with SimCity and now the Sims 3.

i called 4 times the client services, chatted online with them, 3times, get over 2 weekends to try to play.

they send me 3 emails with different ways to uninstalled and reinstalled origin and my games! And it still doesn't work. I have the physical disks.

the first time I called, the guy told me to go see the store where I bought the cd?? Are you kidding Me?

and each times i have the same reply from the persons I chatted with: "hopefully it will work" well I doesn't!

and like you I'm getting, not tired but seriously pissed off. This stealing people. You bought their games and you can't even play with them, and they don't care!

i don't know who had that marvellous idea to connect everything with origin, but now it doesn't work for everybody!

Time to do something about it! 

Message 65 of 94 (1,574 Views)

★ Apprentice
Up until they patched it, there was a way to play these games offline. However, since the November 2015 patch there's no way that I know of to play these G a me's truly offline.

I wouldn't bother contacting 'support', I went in circles for hours trying to get them to understand exactly what Offline means. They didn't. Instead they claimed logging into Origin, going online then hitting the option to go offline would be good enough.

Honestly, it's despicable that they'd operate this way but as you may be able to tell, it's their way of preventing piracy. Even if that's at a cost to their buyers.

One other thing to note is that even though we have bought the games from the company, we are not purchasing the product as we would if purchasing a physical item. Instead we're buying rights to access the game and it's content, this is all in the first few lines of the T&C's visible when installing the game.
Message 66 of 94 (1,553 Views)

★ Apprentice

I deleted Origin from my computer years ago, I found I didn't need it to play and besides, I always play offline anyway...I just shut my router off. I have all disc versions of the game which apparently doesn't need origin to play. Just turn your router off while you play.

Message 67 of 94 (1,549 Views)

★ Apprentice
It sounds like they won't be able to do that ad more than likely they'll have been updated to the latest patch that forces an Origin login to play the games.

If this is the case they will not be able to play offline.

By the sounds of it you did the right thing, you've avoided the updates and have managed to escape the reaching constraints of Origin. Well done.
Message 68 of 94 (1,542 Views)

★★ Novice

Doesn't work for me.

because I bought contents online when it was still working, for the sims 3.

so I thought do uninstalled all the games and reinstalled them. The problem is I'm loosing one way or another contents, if orgin doesn't work. 

And sim city will not launch either.

Message 69 of 94 (1,520 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I can't even download origin anymore which I have purchased Sims 3 and 4 and now can't even play them. Also I've contacted each support plenty of times and they haven't helped either
Message 70 of 94 (1,474 Views)