Run Sims 3 without Origin

by GodWarz191

Original Post

Re: Run Sims 3 without Origin

★★★ Pro

For me its still the same problem on the old version base game. I have both old and new and the probelm exists on both versions. I did a clean install with the oldversion and is what I have in my computer right now

Message 21 of 94 (10,241 Views)

Hero

@bugvey wrote:
If it does depend 'on the version of the game' then don't you think this should be relayed to the customer rather having us find out the hard way.

It does say on the box of the new version that an Internet Connection and an Origin account are required to install. As said, you can play offline.

I have both versions on seperate accounts and I can just close Origin after the initlal Launcher start. Origin does not have to run and you don't need to be online except once.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 94 (10,234 Views)

★★★ Pro

My old version (download) makes me log into origin. Regardless you need internet to log into origin in order to go in off line mode. This should not be. As I have stated before If our internet goes out or origin web goes down we can't play the game. This is in my open claim with EA. But our launchers are not working anyway. Cant download upload or sign in as admin and this is either the new origin update or patch or both.

Message 23 of 94 (10,231 Views)

★ Apprentice
Exactly.

What I don't understand is that when I first downloaded the games in 2012 it was fine, no need to be connected to Origin to play. Then a year later they decided was to be tied to the Sims.
By the end of 2013 they had reversed this. At the start of 2014 they required players to login to Origin again.

They are just going round in circles and need to stop it and allow us to use our paid content the way we want.
Origin is a service which is used to download and install games, and because of this I don't see it as something that should be a requirement.
Message 24 of 94 (10,227 Views)

★★★ Pro

Everyone I have spoken to who has same problem as we do. All of us just did a new insatll. On my old install (two weeks ago I was still playing  old install) My origin was fine. I could bypass the launcher and origin to play with out ever having to go on line

Message 25 of 94 (10,221 Views)

Hero

When in 2012 did you buy the game and which cover do you have: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/sims-3-base-game-versions.html ?

If you can't play offline, then that's a bug. It always worked fine for me. There's quite a few threads around on this for a while now. Some people just can't seem to offline and I don't know what's up with that. 

The Sims was released before Origin so there was no requirement but in Sept 2012 they made a new version, one that is pre-patched to Version 1.42. This version does (as every other EA game) have an Origin requirement. This means that you need to have Origin installed on your computer for the game to run, You need to login into Origin (in on- or offline mode) and you need to start the game through Origin (the shortcuts, ts3w.exe and any programs that require a bypassing of the launcher, don't work with this pre-patched version.

There was a change with one of the patches but all that did was that you now have to start Origin first and start the game from there. The shortcuts don't work anymore (I think that was patch 1.63) but with the new version you always had to start Origin at one point. Before it just worked automatically. Start origin, auto-login and then start the launcher. Now only Origin starts when you click on the shortcuts and you have to manually click play on Origin.

For the old version, it depends if you have the disc or download version but I successfully launcher the game without starting Origin with the download version. Origin is updated but I can't say when it was installed. I'm trying a clean installation tomorrow.

Origin is used to make sure that you buy your game and not pirate them and this is how the future is going to be. Steam does have the same requirements. I was devastated when I found out I have to install Steam on my Computer to play Civ 5.

I don't like this trend either. I do not want Origin on my machine but yet, coming Sims 4 I have two choices: Install Origin or quit the Sims.

I might also completely misunderstanding everything that is said here. English is not my mother tongue but there are just too many issues floating around in several threads and I'm getting lost.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 94 (10,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

My Game in downloads states June 2010 however I have sims in my studio on the exchange dated upload 2009. Why does my Download version state my base game is 2010 when I bought the game in 2009?????? I quit playing the sims in 2010 and did not start again until last year. When did they add origin?

And as much as I love the sims I will not be buying Sims 4 until the reviews are out. They should be working on fixing the sims 3 not worrying about a new game as of yet.

Add, it's not a matter of Having Origin to download the games. Since English is not your native tounge and I am not fluent in German you maybe missunderstanding us. If we bought the games no matter when we bought them we should not have to go on line to play them. At the moment we must go on line to play them no matter what. This should not be. I should be able to play the game whenever I want without an internet connetion but this is not the case with the new update.

Message 27 of 94 (10,210 Views)

Hero

I think June 2010 was probably when the second cover art work came out. According to the wikipedia, Origin was released in June 2011 and at that point they added the current version for everyone that had the sims game which was the second one.

I assume your disc version cover was either the collectors edition or the version 1 which is posted on my website. Since that version was never added to Origin, it states June 2010.

---------------

Ok. I'm off to bed and I feel this thread is getting hitch-hiked. I hope you can get it sorted. I can't seem to help so I won't try any longer. I'm just getting confused.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 94 (10,200 Views)

★★★ Pro

Ill post when EA gets back to me but my disc version is the original with all the plumbobs on it.

Have a good sleep

Message 29 of 94 (10,197 Views)

Re: CAN WE START A RALLY to get the devs to allow us to PLAY THE SIMS 3 OFFLINE

★ Novice

My games are all disc and I am having this problem. It keeps telling me that I need to activate my games to play, but I have already done this, I have played the game plenty before with no problem, this just popped up out of the blue. I have been to many forums and tried suggestions, but nothing seems to be working. Its very frusterateing to have paid so much for these games and suddenly not be able to play them.

Message 30 of 94 (9,996 Views)