Re: CAN WE START A RALLY to get the devs to allow us to PLAY THE SIMS 3 OFFLINE

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
I’m in! Just let me know how we proceed.
Message 91 of 94 (1,529 Views)

★★★ Novice
All of mine were disc and I'm having the same issue... Looks like everything is fine but then I get and error message saying " unfortunately some 3 has stopped working" before it has even started... Help please. Do I need Windows to run it because I had it on a previous dinosaur of a Dell laptop with no internet and no windows and Sims were perfect.
Message 92 of 94 (1,393 Views)

★★★ Newbie
see i have the disc and everything it still wont let me play without origin,it annoying
Message 93 of 94 (1,147 Views)

@Jadekeely  The only way you can install from disc and play without Origin is if you own disc copies of every pack you want to install, and if your base game disc was manufactured before September 2012.  The later ones will force you to install Origin first and allow it to manage your TS3 install; there's no way around this requirement.

To find out which version your base game disc is, you can check the copyright date on the back, in the fine print.  The version that requires Origin will also have an Origin logo on it, as well as a banner across the top that says "go social" or something like that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 94 of 94 (1,142 Views)