Re: Run Sims 3 without Origin

by SillyHartluv

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I had this same problem for an entire year, but I found a solution while trying to get rid of the chat icon. Go to the Application Settings and go to the Origin In-Game tab. Disable it and you should be able to launch Sims 3 with all expansion packs without using Origin. I guess this Origin In-Game Option is the thing forcing players to use a internet connection. Hopefully this will help someone else.

Message 71 of 94 (1,820 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I wish i knew i am having a problem where I can't don't jack squat I can't play Sims 3 even on offline mode Idk y and I am upset and and want to y its doing that it let me before and now for some reason it keeps popping up saying reload the thing or something and i dont have internet other then on my phone and I want to play Sims 3
Message 72 of 94 (1,496 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Oh wow! This would be awesome! I'll try it in the morning and let you know.
Message 73 of 94 (1,488 Views)

★ Novice
I know this is an old post and this issue has probably been resolved already, but I had the same issue. After hours of trying to figure out a way I finally found a way to bypass origin. Me right click on The Sims 3 shortcut folder, then click open file location then right click on that, and hit run. It should open up your launcher and bypass origin altogether. I post this in hope of helping simmers who come across this problem further down the road
Message 74 of 94 (1,460 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Unfortunately it didn't work for me. :-/
Message 75 of 94 (1,426 Views)

Re: CAN WE START A RALLY to get the devs to allow us to PLAY THE SIMS 3 OFFLINE

★★★ Newbie

I honestly agree with you. Im so mad i cant play sims 3 & i cant even get into my game at all because of origin! Its like why pay for the games if you cant even play em or have problems with origin & cant get into my game! Really mad!

Message 76 of 94 (1,212 Views)

★ Novice

Three years later this is still a problem.

I wasn't informed I'd HAVE to have origin and we specifically bought the disk versions to AVOID using origin. I hate that * ram hog. And that joke about them going faster for there downloads? I mean because that claim IS a joke right? Right? RIGHT?! Because someone should totally sue them if it isn't. They are slow as freaking molasses going uphill in and icy snowy winter.

The worst part is that they continually try to force Origin on you as a 'service' you simply don't have the option to use otherwise much like how Window's programs lock you out of basic program tools you used to have before they decided if you didn't want to give them peeks at all your personal files and allow them to store it outside the computer on there servers(which I might add, are hackable much more easily than if someone where to target individuals in the respect that its essentially putting all those proverbial eggs in one basket and expecting that to be somehow more secure).

You used to be able to restore a computer to the day before or a week before etc etc etc. It was basic computer knowledge how to do so if you had any sort of tech knowledge but now corporate Microsoft thinks nothing of locking you out of basic features on a computer to complicate them for there own gain. It's ridiculous.

No. Origin is not the only one but I've tried very hard to avoid it and still play the games I buy...

These people don't give two * about the fact people hate origin. They keep pushing it and making it 'necessary' to use.

They can add all the 'features' they want to try and make it out to be 'better' but it's still them forcing it down our throats so to speak and saying 'if you want this then you have to have this' and it's ridiculous. Every one of these games should be entirely playable without it. There is no rational reason to require an extra program like Origin to the players... but from a company standpoint I have no doubt they collect that data on what we play against our will no matter what we want and without a single care given.

I have to sit through the epically insanely long download now... because I didn't know it required origin. I thought I finally was getting away from Origin.

I wish Origin and this notion of spying on people would just burn and end the frack yesterday. Like not even today. If it just went back in time and died years ago I'd be happy.

I utterly despise Origin.

Message 77 of 94 (1,202 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Where you able to solve the problem? I am compelled in to this stupid origin every time I want to play. It’s ridiculous!
Message 78 of 94 (1,174 Views)

★★★★ Novice
And how do you do that?
Message 79 of 94 (1,171 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Very well said.
Message 80 of 94 (1,170 Views)