by prettypuzzle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Route Failure when trying to scan 1.4 FD P-Tower on Batuu

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work; Get Together; City Living; Cats & Dogs; Seasons; Island Living; Discover University; Eco Lifestyle Outdoor Retreat; Spa Day; Dine Out; Vampires; Parenthood; Jungle Adventure; StrangerVille; Realm of Magic; Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Luxury Party Stuff; Perfect Patio Stuff; Cool Kitchen Stuff; Spooky Stuff; Movie Hangout Stuff; Romantic Garden Stuff; Kids Room Stuff; Backyard Stuff; Vintage Glamour Stuff; Fitness Stuff; Toddler Stuff; Laundry Day Stuff; My First Pet Stuff; Tiny Living Stuff; Nifty Knitting Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to Resistance Camp on Batuu, attempt to scan a 1.4 FD P-Tower
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim experiences a routing error and can't reach the Tower to scan it. Thus can't finish the collection.
What do you expect to see? I expect that the sim will be able to successfully scan the 1.4 FD P-Tower
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or a feedback issue, so sorry if it's in the wrong place, but no one else seems to have mentioned this issue elsewhere before so I'm assuming either no one else has ever tried to scan these towers; there's an accessible one somewhere I still haven't found; or there's something Going On. On a related note - there are only two 1.4 FD P-Towers, right? Both in the resistance area? Both 100% surrounded by plants? It isn't that there is a super obvious functional tower somewhere near the cantina or whatever?

Message 1 of 3 (362 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Route Failure when trying to scan 1.4 FD P-Tower on Batuu

★ Guide

Hi, i don't have mods or cc and i did scan the tower with different sims since day 1 of release, but i didn't try after this oct patch, so i just loaded my game now used 2 different household sims to test if the patch did anything to it. 

The 1st photo is the 1st tower right when u arrive at resistance base, as u can see it worked. The 2nd photo shows scanning the other tower up the road,again that worked,, so maybe it could be mod related. When u moved the mods folder did you also delete the localthumbcache.package cause its suggested to delete that as well. perhaps also after deleting both start a brand new save just to test it.

good luck at getting it working

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (347 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Hi, i don't have mods or cc and i did scan the tower with different sims since day 1 of release, but i didn't try after this oct patch, so i just loaded my game now used 2 different household sims to test if the patch did anything to it. 

The 1st photo is the 1st tower right when u arrive at resistance base, as u can see it worked. The 2nd photo shows scanning the other tower up the road,again that worked,, so maybe it could be mod related. When u moved the mods folder did you also delete the localthumbcache.package cause its suggested to delete that as well. perhaps also after deleting both start a brand new save just to test it.

good luck at getting it working

Message 2 of 3 (348 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Tkilroy36 Oh my gosh, I feel like an utter nitwit. I can't believe I forgot to delete localthumbs! Yup, you were absolutely right. Took them out again last night, actually deleted the localthumb file and it worked. I feel kinda silly but glad it was something so simple.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (323 Views)