by Mergoatink

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rotate View Issue - Sims 4

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Game Packs: Spa Day Stuff Packs: Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. I did not have the bug up until this point and now I cannot get rid of it. I have no idea how or why I got it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am using Sims 3 camera mode and cannot use my center mouse button to zoom in or rotate the camera in any direction.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to zoom in and out as well as rotate my camera 360 degrees, but am unable to do so. Instead all I am able to do is slide the camera to the left or right using the other mouse keys/controls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've found other simmers with the same bug Here (link opens in new page). I've spoken with EA Help via Twitter direct messages and was told to report my issue here for tracking. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,030 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Rotate View Issue - Sims 4

Hero
That forum thread is rather old so I don't think it's a new issue.

Have you tried a different mouse ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,007 Views)

All Replies

Hero
That forum thread is rather old so I don't think it's a new issue.

Have you tried a different mouse ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Mergoatink  @crinrict  I play a lot of hours and use a combination of mouse and keyboard commands to move around in game.  I hopped into game just now and had no issues with using the mouse wheel to zoom or rotate the view.

Edit to add:

Game Version 1.51.77.1020
All content and patches with zero CC or mods.

Generic Insignia brand wired optical mouse

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 4 (994 Views)

★ Novice
I've made a fool of myself on the internet. Scroll wheel worked, scroll wheel button did not. Common issue with my mouse after warranty expires. Though this does bring up the issue: Why can I not change keybindings?
Message 4 of 4 (966 Views)