by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rooster Labeled as Chick

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure. When I first got my coop I bought two hens and a rooster. The rooster was labeled as a young adult and then an adult. But suddenly it changed to a chick.
What happens when the bug occurs? Rooster is incorrectly labeled as a chick when his is full grown and isn’t aging at all.
What do you expect to see? Rooster as an elder like the other two hens and aging regularly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Just an odd issue. All major mods removed but can try completely removing. Not a huge deal just strange that I can’t get him to age properly. I tried to reset him already.

Message 1 of 6 (481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Rooster Labeled as Chick

Hero
@akl1226 Please remove all your mods and test if it happens on a new rooster as well.

Make sure to also delete the locatlhumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (452 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@akl1226 Please remove all your mods and test if it happens on a new rooster as well.

Make sure to also delete the locatlhumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (453 Views)

★ Guide

Hello! I removed my mods and went back into the save and the rooster is a young adult now. Not sure if it was the restart or mod removal that fix it but it is fixed. Thank you Standard smile.

Message 3 of 6 (425 Views)

Hero
@akl1226 Glad to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (413 Views)

★ Novice

I am seeing this issue as well with my hen. I also haven't gotten eggs from her since the newest (January 2024) patch. Could just be a coincidence. I'm playing on a PC with the newest update: Version 1.104.58.1030.

Message 5 of 6 (221 Views)

@kiarrasayshi Are you playing with any mods or CC in your Mods folder? If so, please start at Broken/Updated Mods (pinned in this forum). If you still have issues after removing and replacing mods (don't forget to delete localthumbcache!), see what happens after you drag that folder to your desktop and delete localthumbcache. Don't save, though! Or test in a new game.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 6 of 6 (145 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help