Roofs on house disappear in both Live and Build mode

by reclusiveghoul

Original Post

Roofs on house disappear in both Live and Build mode

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unless you have the same problem, you can't, i hope
What happens when the bug occurs? All roofing disappears, except for the lines where the roof meets the building
What do you expect to see? Roofs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

ROOFING ALL GONE. My house looks incredibly ugly without roofs and just two big lines

Message 1 of 9 (24,977 Views)

Re: Roofs on house disappear in both Live and Build mode

★★★ Newbie

i would add pictures, but the choose file thing doesnt work

Message 2 of 9 (24,963 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@reclusiveghoul what do you have the view set to?  If you have it set to Walls Up *and* you are on the top level view, then you should see roofing.  However, if you are on a lower level or have the view set to Walls Down or Walls Cutaway, you will not see the full roofing, and that is by design.  Note, that this is in live mode.  In build mode, you still see the roofing in Cutaway as well but not in Walls Down.

Message 3 of 9 (24,956 Views)

Hero

Tagging @reclusiveghoul for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (24,901 Views)

Hero

Moving this to general issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (24,854 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. My roof is gone weather I'm in build mode or live mode. And weather I have my walls up or the walls up cut away.

Message 6 of 9 (22,816 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@emofallenangel20   There is a bug report on missing ceilings here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Disappearing-Ceiling-Glass-Roof/td-p/7182946

If it matches your issue, please click the button Me Too in the first post, and describe your issue in the thread. Screen shots are always welcome. The workaround posted in the thread is to delete any glass roofs placed on the same level as your disappearing roof.

If it doesn't match your issue, please describe more about it, and add screen shots. You can attach them to the post directly.

Message 7 of 9 (22,780 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is what I figured out. It works for me anyways. Delete all the disappeared roofing ( you should see the edges of it) use the platform tool to build over all the ceilings just normal layer should work… then place your roofs how you like as normal. Hope this helps. Happy gaming simers<3

Message 8 of 9 (12,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve found a (however temporary) solution. If you go a floor above the roof, it shows. So I build a singular wall section on the room’s ceiling, go up a floor, edit roofs and delete the wall when I’m done.

Message 9 of 9 (10,053 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help