Re: Roof Problem

by Devilia_Qc

Original Post

Roof Problem

★★ Novice

Hi!!

I did the new patch of december and when i got into my ''under construction house'' who's already having a roof, i wanted to finish her yesterday But this problem appear to me : 

- when you want to do a room in the roof like i do in every house pratictly, (see picture as exemple) 

- when i enter in my house, the roof who is supposed to surround the room is actually going through every wall and now i have roof in my room. that's weird, i will try to remove the last patch and see if it's happening again but i wanted to let you know that this happen to me and may appear and other people game too. 

see 2 other picture for more detail. 

Thank you for helping me!! 

Message 1 of 5 (349 Views)

This sounds like a great post for @BryonyRae to look at haha.
You can find the bug list of all the build/buy issues over here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-List-of-Build-Buy-Issues/m-p/6448814#M7910...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (329 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks!! i'll take a look to that! 

Message 3 of 5 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Devilia_Qc
There are two rules
1.The top of the roof can not be higher than the wall through which the roof penetrates
2.The room must be closed - there must be a yellow option option at the top of the wall "remove the ceiling" or "build the ceiling". If this option is not there, it means that the game does not consider it place to be a closed room.

I noticed that for a game after a patch it is harder to accept some space as a "room". I had to move the walls again
I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 5 (312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i do know thoses rules i play sims for 15 years and i have around 700h on this one but i'm concern if there's anybody having that kind of trouble with their roof. it's the first time i have a bug that really * me off in all the years that i've been playing. it kinda scrap my house lol!  and the  ,roof was perfectly normal before the patch!! 

Message 5 of 5 (302 Views)