Romantic interactions glitch

by geowigs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Romantic interactions glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi guys,

So I'm super frustrated with my game at the moment. Basically the problem is that I'm having major glitches with romantic interactions between my sims. They can only use the flirt interaction and that's it. If I click any of the other romantic interactions it like cancels it and the sims almost look like they reset (but they don't). It just won't let me do anything apart from flirt. 

I first noticed this when I had the wicked whims mod installed. I couldn't do any romantic interactions apart from flirt but I could use wicked. I've now deleted wicked whims and mc command centre. I have a lot of cc (clothing, hair and build items) but I didn't think this would affect romantic interactions? 

I've attached the lastException.txt for the glitch. please help!! Frown

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (19,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Romantic interactions glitch

Hero

Hi @geowigs

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (21,668 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @geowigs

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (21,669 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I have been having a similar problem. When ever I try to do a romantic interaction the sim looks like it resets. It's not to do with their relationship because they are a married couple. I made another game to test if it worked for them but it did the same thing. Then the flirting action started to glitch. They would flirt but the hearts would keep appearing and their romantic relationship wouldnt get any better. I tried to repair the game on origin and it broke it more. It wouldnt let sims even go into the options menu with other sims, only themselves. Sims can kiss on their own, but I have a couple that I cant even get to propose. I did what you said, I reset the factory settings. That didnt work so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game completely. I used to have the ww mod but that was on a whole different account entirely. I have some custom content on my glitching game but I dont think I have any mods. This glitch has been going on for so long and I just wanna play the game. Does anyone have any advice/help?

Message 3 of 9 (14,093 Views)

Hero
@iiSnowyKat58 After doing a factory reset, did you test on a new save without putting anything back and still had the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (14,035 Views)

★★ Novice

After I did the factory reset, my game worked fine. But then when I added my CC back, the glitch happened again. I have a lot of CC, If something. Is causing the glitch, how will I know what it is?

Message 5 of 9 (13,998 Views)

Hero
Here's a list that can help you find the problem ones: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-pa...

If they are not on the list, 50/50

Custom content can get outdated with patches. If it works when you remove your mods folder, then one or more mods/cc is no longer compatible with the game and you have to find those, use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (13,977 Views)

★★ Novice

I did the 50/50 method and narrowed it down to 14, decided they werent important anyways and deleted them. I added the rest of my mods and cc back and tried it out again. Finally, I can do romantic interactions with my mods and cc. Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 9 (13,958 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We would have appreciated it if you had told us what those 14 mods were.

Message 8 of 9 (11,168 Views)

Hero
@NoisyNightShadow Since this thread is several years old and last post was from last july, it's very possible that it's not the same ones causing issues now.

Best to use the 50/50 Method yourself and find the mod(s) that are causing it in your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (11,154 Views)