Re: Romance social interaction not showing up sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Romance social interaction not showing up sims 4

★★ Novice

The Romance category disappeared from my social interactions. 

For rxample i have two sims in a relationship and the option to flirt or kiss or do anything romantic is gone and it only stopped working within the past 12-24 hours. 

I dont have any mods. 

Message 1 of 20 (109,719 Views)

Hero

hi @Viviennegabbz

does this happen for every single Sim or just a few ? Are you sure there's no teens and no family relationship ?

Does no mods include no cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (109,639 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had the same issue. I've closed and reopened my game, cleared my cache files, removed cc and mods, repaired game, reset the both sims. They are young adults and they are not related. Their romance bar is nearly full as well and they're boyfriend and girlfriend. I've had this issue before but it was fixed when one sim aged up from being a teen to a young adult while the other didn't (so that time, the problem was solved quickly). However, I'm not sure why there is no romance interaction at all. When I am controlling one of them, there are only friendly, funny, mean etc and if I click on specific objects such as beds there is no romantic interactions either.

I've looked online at how other people have solved the same problem but the solutions don't seem to be working.

I also have all of the expansion, game and stuff packs but I don't think that should affect it.

Message 3 of 20 (109,535 Views)

Hero

Hi @aftershox99

have you tried moving the Sim you're controlling out and back in ? Have you also deleted your cache files after removing the mods and maybe repaired the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (109,525 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you for the advice, I tried repairing the game without cc or mods as well as deleting the cache files (but not the actual folder itself). Then when I went into the game there were still no romantic options so I moved the sim out and back in but still nothing. I also noticed that no matter what sim I get to know in the world, there are no romance options either because I thought it might of been with just these two sims.
Message 5 of 20 (109,519 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

If that doesn't help, would you be willing to share one of your saves that has the issue with me ? Just upload it to google drive, one drive or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (109,511 Views)

★★★ Novice
I followed as you said and it worked for a new save but when I play on my previous save, there are still no romantic interactions.
I sent a PM with the save.
Message 7 of 20 (109,494 Views)

Hero

Hi @aftershox99

I checked your save and it seems the female Sim is the problem. I can see a romance interaction menu with him on every other Sim. I can't get one to show on her.

So I checked her with SimsInfo and it seems she has some hidden Skeleton trait. Has she been a skeleton at one point ? I think that's what's causing the issue. The trait shouldn't really be there but there's bug reports involving 'wrong' skeletons.

You can remove the trait with this cheats

• testingcheats true
  • traits.remove_trait trait_hidden_skeleton

The menu was back for me after that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (109,495 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes, she had been cursed for a bit when on an adventure and became a skeleton. I used the cheat and it worked. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me fix the issue.
Message 9 of 20 (109,485 Views)

Hero

Guess then it wasn't properly cleaned up as it should have.

Glad that worked for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (109,478 Views)