Rodent starved to death (in pause mode?) despite having food...

by necroticsiren

Original Post

Rodent starved to death (in pause mode?) despite having food...

★ Apprentice

I had just checked on my sims' rodent pet and the option to fill the food was greyed out because the habitat already had food. A couple minutes later, and I'm in build mode for the majority of the time, I get a notification that the rodent had starved to death. While the game is paused. My sims' rodent starved to death while I was in build mode after not letting me feed it because it already had food...

Message 1 of 6 (2,421 Views)

Re: Rodent starved to death (in pause mode?) despite having food...

Hero

Hi @necroticsiren

are you using any mods or cc in your game ?

If not, do you maybe have a backup of your save you could try to see if it happens again ? The game makes automatic backups so maybe try go back to an earlier one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,400 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem CONSTANTLY! All of my rodents die of starvation while the fill food option is always greyed out. Not to mention the hunger status never gets below Okay and the hunger warning notification pops up AFTER the death notification. I tried to look up other people with this issue and surprisingly doesnt seem to be a big issue for other people. I'm so confused.

Message 3 of 6 (2,336 Views)

Hero
The rodent cage is not working properly at the moment but same question for you: Is this on a vanilla game or are you using mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Recently downloaded the tropical expansion....and the rodent keeps dying even while my game is (paused??) and after feeding it an anti-aging treat. In any event..the rodent dies in a very short span of time. I am using CC, but never had my rodent die so often and so quickly.  Gonna try a few tests...this has happened with the Whiskers cage so far.

Message 5 of 6 (2,115 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Nuke615,

The bug that was reported back then in this thread was fixed since. If you're having a similar issue now, could you open a new bug report thread? There will be a bug template that will ask some questions and the answers will help us get an idea where to start. I'll lock this thread in the meantime.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (2,085 Views)