Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Rodent starved to death (in pause mode?) despite having food...

by crinrict

Original Post

Rodent starved to death (in pause mode?) despite having food...

★★★★ Novice

I had just checked on my sims' rodent pet and the option to fill the food was greyed out because the habitat already had food. A couple minutes later, and I'm in build mode for the majority of the time, I get a notification that the rodent had starved to death. While the game is paused. My sims' rodent starved to death while I was in build mode after not letting me feed it because it already had food...

Message 1 of 4 (161 Views)

Hero

Hi @necroticsiren

are you using any mods or cc in your game ?

If not, do you maybe have a backup of your save you could try to see if it happens again ? The game makes automatic backups so maybe try go back to an earlier one.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (146 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this problem CONSTANTLY! All of my rodents die of starvation while the fill food option is always greyed out. Not to mention the hunger status never gets below Okay and the hunger warning notification pops up AFTER the death notification. I tried to look up other people with this issue and surprisingly doesnt seem to be a big issue for other people. I'm so confused.

Message 3 of 4 (82 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
The rodent cage is not working properly at the moment but same question for you: Is this on a vanilla game or are you using mods/cc ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (70 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help