Re: Rock concert in RiverviewI’m guessing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rock concert in Riverview

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi there’s only technical forum here for the sims 3, so not sure I’m allowed to ask this question. I posted this issue on sims forum but I haven’t got any comment yet.  I saw a musician sim, Jon Lessen? In Riverview. I thought he can hold a concert from 3 pm at music and sports stadium career buildings. I checked every Wednesday and Sunday but I haven’t seen him holding a concert anywhere. So I moved my own rocker sim from Bridgeport to Riverview, and left him inactive. He has level 10 in music career, so he doesn’t go to work, but he can hold concert any time after 3pm I guessed. But in fact, even my inactive 5 star celebrity rocker hasn’t hold a concert anywhere for whole 2 weeks. Now I’m wondering the concert event might be bugged or something else. Is there anyone knows about this issue? Thanks. Wink

Message 1 of 6 (687 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@aodoherty  Concerts can happen anywhere, but I don't know of a way to force an inactive sim to hold one rather than it being a sort of generic event.  If you just want your sims to attend a concert, you can use Retuner to increase the chances of one happening.  I'm not in front of my game right now, but the path should be something like this:

NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.GamePlay.Objects > Rabbitholes.Stadium > kChanceOfConcert

NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.GamePlay.Objects > Rabbitholes.Theatre > kPercentChanceForConcert

Increase one or both of these as you want.  I do think that concerts only happen on Fridays and Saturdays by default, and I'm not sure you can change that without some other mod.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (636 Views)

All Replies

@aodoherty  You can ask whatever you want here as long as it's not about content that raises the game's rating.  That's really the only rule.

I don't think the game itself pushes inactive sims to perform concerts, but StoryProgression will if you add the Careers module.  The setting is here:

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options: Situations > Push Play Concert

Message 2 of 6 (676 Views)

Re: Rock concert in Riverview

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@puzzlezaddictThanks for the reply. Standard smile Is there any other way to push it without story progression mod? It causes lagging and long loading while getting into my saved game. I love the most of NRaas mods but I cannot use the progression mod only. I've experienced nearly 30 mins loading time with it.
I still remember there was the concert event on weekly event in the newspaper long time ago. Is it happening only in Sunset Valley maybe? I can still see the grilling event at the central park in Sunset Valley but I cannot see this event in anywhere else, except for Sunset Valley.

Message 3 of 6 (656 Views)

[ Edited ]

@aodoherty  Concerts can happen anywhere, but I don't know of a way to force an inactive sim to hold one rather than it being a sort of generic event.  If you just want your sims to attend a concert, you can use Retuner to increase the chances of one happening.  I'm not in front of my game right now, but the path should be something like this:

NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.GamePlay.Objects > Rabbitholes.Stadium > kChanceOfConcert

NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.GamePlay.Objects > Rabbitholes.Theatre > kPercentChanceForConcert

Increase one or both of these as you want.  I do think that concerts only happen on Fridays and Saturdays by default, and I'm not sure you can change that without some other mod.

Message 4 of 6 (637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@puzzlezaddictThank you so much. I can try Retuner instead. :D Was that every Friday and Saturday? I thought It was every Wednesday and Sunday. LOL  I appreciate all your helps!

Message 5 of 6 (625 Views)

@aodoherty  I know games are on Wednesdays and Sundays, but I thought concerts were Friday/Saturday due to the wording on a sim's wish to see a concert.  (It's something like "check the stadium on Fridays and Saturdays to see if there is a concert.")  It should be easy to confirm though once you use Retuner to increase the likelihood of one taking place.

Message 6 of 6 (593 Views)