Re: Roaring Heights and other store content won't install

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Roaring Heights and other store content won't install

★★★ Newbie

I've been having trouble installing store content onto my game. Everytime I try it always says it's installed in the launcher and I see under installed content, but everytime I launch the actual game it uninstalls and I can't access Roaring Heights or any of the CAS objects I downloaded. At first I thought my CC was conflicting with it but after uninstalling that and trying to run with only the store content it still doesn't work. Any advice? 

Message 1 of 2 (334 Views)

Re: Roaring Heights and other store content won't install

@mistressofgames  You're the second person to mention that Roaring Heights isn't working.  I'm not sure whether it's an issue on EA's end or just a coincidence, but I can ask around.  In the mean time, please move your entire Sims 3 folder (not just subfolders, the entire thing) out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to create a clean folder, and don't add anything to it yet.  Download only RH directly from the store site:

https://store.thesims3.com/roaringheights.html?categoryId=12642&section=UpSell

Install it, launch the game, and test.  Then restart your computer and test again.  If you get an error or it otherwise doesn't work, please create another clean folder, download using a different browser (Firefox and Internet Explorer work better with the store than Chrome or Safari), and test.

If this doesn't work either, create yet another clean folder, go to the Main Menu, sign in, and download RH from there.  Click the three dots in the lower left corner, then Open Downloads Dashboard, and find RH on the list.  (You can click on any of the headers to sort by item name, purchase date, etc.)  Download it, test, restart your computer, and test again.

Please let me know if anything works.  I can't test myself because I don't own RH, but it's useful information if I need to ask someone to look into this.  Please also list your operating system and what kind of install this is: Origin, disc, or Steam.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (314 Views)