Retails Store and Saving Problems

by PhizzyTizzy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Retails Store and Saving Problems

★★★ Novice

So, I tried to go to manage worlds and an error popped up saying it couldn't save and to go the main menu, so i did, I looked at my saved games and all my progress from the last 4 hours was gone, so I just hit the play button hoping it was still there. Now it's just really messed up. My retail store is set up with my previous save,  so I had all the new stuff I brought missing, but the employees I had just hired were still there, and there was also one employee there that I didn't hire, I have never even seen this sim in the game before, so I don't know where he came from. The biggest problem though is that it says I don't own a retail store, and I had like 12,000 in that account, but I can still control all the employees like I could before. 

I just went back to my last save, so I have to redo a lot of things but has anyone else had any problems like that? Is there a way to prevent that from happening again? 

Message 1 of 4 (229 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Retails Store and Saving Problems

Hero

Probably error 22 then. That's a common one.

It' usually a background program interfering. Like cloud uploads or antivirus scans or Windows updates.

Just make sure none of these are running while you're playing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (212 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @PhizzyTizzy

do you remember what the save error was in detail ?

Does sound to me like the saving process/error corrupted the save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (219 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't remember sorry, I think it was something like 22 or 202, that's probably no help, sorry. Thanks for the reply though, I mostly just want to know how to prevent it happening again.

Message 3 of 4 (208 Views)

Hero

Probably error 22 then. That's a common one.

It' usually a background program interfering. Like cloud uploads or antivirus scans or Windows updates.

Just make sure none of these are running while you're playing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (213 Views)