Re: Retail Employees Not Available for Hire

by freiundentwirrt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Retail Employees Not Available for Hire

★★★ Newbie

I'm curious if anyone else is having this issue. When I go to hire an employee for my store, none show available for hire. I have tried this every sim day for 3 sim weeks and still no employees are showing up available. I took out my mods folder and tried again. My neighborhood is full with a lot of sims. What am I missing?

Empty Retail Employees

Message 1 of 15 (4,188 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Even on  fresh game with no mods ?

Did you try if you have the same issue for a different restaurant ? Do you have retail and if so, does it work there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (4,511 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (4,157 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I did all of this for my restaurant and still no one isavailable to hire i even repaired my game and I'm still having the same problem.

Message 3 of 15 (4,009 Views)

Hero

Even on  fresh game with no mods ?

Did you try if you have the same issue for a different restaurant ? Do you have retail and if so, does it work there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (4,512 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Tried again and still having the same problem this is aggravating

Message 5 of 15 (3,996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yayyyyyyyyy I got it working again. It was definitely a mod that was causing it. I guessed which one and took it out my folder and surely it's back to normal now. It was the mod the produces less elders that's not in the world. Thanks for the help. Woo hoooo

EDIT (Crin): Changed all-caps for readability. Also be aware that all-caps is considered screaming on the Internet and against the TOS

Message 6 of 15 (3,992 Views)

★ Guide

How to get Retail or any Employees that you do not hire.  First, do not use the owner of the shop. log off that household. go and pick a different household , then go to your shop. you will have employees, buy from your shop so you will get the money haha . when you later go back to your shop and open you will have employees. and you did not hire them. Same ones will show up every time you open.  Worked for me. hope this helps.

Message 7 of 15 (3,980 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My manage employees screen is blank. Just white. Nothing there at all. It's a retail lot I haven't played in a while but last I played it was fine. CC was turned off and still it's blank. Any clue?

Message 8 of 15 (3,135 Views)

Hero
Is it just that one lot or do you have the same on others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (3,128 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. It is just the one retail lot. My others work fine. 

Message 10 of 15 (3,107 Views)