Re: Restoring old game files

by Ninaluv123

Original Post

Restoring old game files

★★★ Newbie

I cannot restore my old game files. I don't know why? There's no preview picture of the family or anything. I don't know what to do. I've tried using my backups and nothing online seems to apply 

Message 1 of 3 (222 Views)

@Ninaluv123  It's possible the files were corrupted at some point.  Have you moved them from one computer to another, or deleted and recovered them, or anything else that might have altered them in some way?  Did you play them with certain mods that you no longer use?  There are a few mods that can't safely be removed without the affected saves being corrupted.

You can try loading the saves in a clean folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just copy over the old saves and see if they'll load.  I'm not sure how you tried to access the backup copies, but if the main saves won't load, use the manual method described here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did have to recover the files as they were accidentally deleted when I was attempting to get my origin to launch sims from my drive rather than from my laptop. I'll try that!

Message 3 of 3 (184 Views)