[Resolved] Sims 3 expansion/stuff pack download error

by HappyEsmee01

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Something Went Haywire Error

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue and it's been ongoing for days now. When I thought EA couldn't make me more angry they somehow managed to take everyone's games away. I'm somewhat impressed honestly.

Message 61 of 795 (2,100 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 EXPANSION PACKS NOT DOWNLOADING IN EA OR LAUNCHER

★★★★★ Apprentice

At this point refunds are in order.

Message 62 of 795 (2,139 Views)

Re: Can’t download Sims 3 add-ons in EA app

★★★★★ Newbie

i am having this exact problem right now!!! I cannot figure out why already purchased expansion packs wont download when you try to. Someone please help!

Message 63 of 795 (1,733 Views)

Sims 3 purchased expansion packs wont download in EA app or origin

★★★★★ Newbie

I have two expansion packs previously purchased (ambitions and seasons), and my EA app shows that they are purchased, but when i click the download button, NOTHING happens. The download manager also says "nothing going on here". I have no clue what to do and am frustrated with this. I have cleared the cache, un-installed and re-installed the EA app, restarted and fully updated my computer, and the expansion packs still wont download. PLEASE HELP! I am so sad. Frown

Message 64 of 795 (1,620 Views)

Re: Origin won't download The sims 3

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar problem. My purchased expansion packs will not download through the EA app at ALL. It shows that I have them as add-ons to the base game, but when i click "download", nothing at all happens. ugh. 

Message 65 of 795 (1,833 Views)

Re: Origin won't download The sims 3

★ Apprentice

Same.  I keep getting a "Something went haywire" error.  It seems the base game will download but none of my six expansions. 

Message 66 of 795 (1,820 Views)

Re: Sims 3 supernatural download error

★★ Novice

I am having the version of this problem where the EA app installs almost all of the The Sims 3 content but won't install a few of them no matter what I do.

I have tried all the recommended fixes detailed here.

My affected games are as follows just for anybody reading this for whom the information helps:

The Sims 3 Ambitions
The Sims 3 Pets

The Sims 3 World Adventures

I don't own all the packs though, so if I'm not listing one somebody else has a problem with, don't assume that I downloaded it OK.

I also contacted EA support and got what seemed to be a copy-paste e-mail with the same generic advice everybody has already followed. My guess is that the EA support folks are inundated with requests for the same issue and are thus basically sidelining this until they find something they hope will work across the board. I'm not mad at the people handling the tickets, I'm mad at their bosses, but that's whatever.

Just adding my name to the group of people that keep experiencing this issue like me.

Message 67 of 795 (1,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

People i found a download link to the old origin launcher_

[Removed by CM]

Edit: Sadly this was no fix for me, i wanted to type in the product key of the expansions, bur they said the keys were already used -_-

Message 68 of 795 (1,771 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sayuniqz should i uninstall the ea app before trying origin again?
Message 69 of 795 (1,746 Views)

★★ Novice

I know there's some talk about a working launcher and a non-working one, but in my case, the error persists on both launchers, and I've tried full installs with both.

Not saying that it might not be a valid solution for some, just that this issue persists at least in some cases between download clients.

Message 70 of 795 (1,751 Views)