[Resolved] Sims 3 expansion/stuff pack download error

by HappyEsmee01

Original Post

Re: Can't Install Sims 3 or DLC from EA App on New Computer

★★ Apprentice

i have the same problem and have had it for about 2 days, i have tried everything. hopethey find a solution soon 

Message 31 of 795 (5,205 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 Packs won't install

★★ Novice

This isn't helpful but when I installed the EA app, which I did because I got town life and 70's80's90's and origin wouldn't let me download it, instead saying to download the new app to download my stuff. The new app in return is just not installing anything. No error messages, but no installations even though it was loading for12 hours. 

Message 32 of 795 (4,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im also having the exact same issue can download the base game but none of the add ons ive gotten the haywire message everytime i try to reinstall it only the base game will work for me

Message 33 of 795 (5,020 Views)

Re: Sims 3 "Something Went Haywire" Error

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've been having the same issue. Origin app my library for sims 3 packs missing, so I download EA app and they show in my collection, tried to download and I get the same error message. All I know from talking to EA multiple times is that they say they are aware and are trying to fix it. But it's been 2 days for me so feels hopeless atm. 

But what I don't get is why my Sims 4 library is fine but not my Sims 3? 

Message 34 of 795 (5,061 Views)

★ Guide
@SpiderDragons No way to track except keep an eye on social media like #ea help on twitter. They say they're working on it and yes it's an issue with both apps
Message 35 of 795 (5,051 Views)

Re: Sims 3 "Something Went Haywire" Error

★★★★ Novice

Same thing happening to me now Frown 

Message 36 of 795 (5,028 Views)

Re: Two of my Sims 3 expansions will not install

★★★★★ Novice

EA Error.pngI too am having this problem but this is the message that I see

Message 37 of 795 (4,004 Views)

Cannot download The Sims 3 add-ons on EA App

★★★★★ Novice

So, I've purchased 19 The Sims 3 expansions, but none of them can be downloaded from the EA App.

If I do a complete install, including the main game and 19 add-ons, the main game installs first and then I get a "hick-up" message telling me to restart the EA app. After that, I cannot download any of the add-ons.

If I do a single full install of only the main game, the result is the same afterwards. There is no error message, but nothing happens when I try to download the expansion add-ons.

I've tried the following:

• Installing the EA App on various drives and in various folders.
  • Running the EA App as admin.
  • Doing multiple "App Recoveries" / "Cache Clearings"
  • Turning off all virus and firewall related software.

The Sime 3 launcher and game runs just fine, but there is no way of adding any add-ons. The download buttons just greys out when clicked, and then nothing happens.

Seems I just blew a lot of money on nothing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 38 of 795 (5,013 Views)

★ Apprentice
@leahmay74 Thank you so much for that info!
Message 39 of 795 (5,003 Views)

★ Guide
@SpiderDragons It’s no problem. I’ve been just keeping an eye on anything that might bring us hope tbh.
Message 40 of 795 (4,986 Views)