Resolved - Free Desert Luxe Kit Unable to be Claimed

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Re: New Desert Kit Not Free for EA app Users

★★★★ Novice

The screen resolution thing still happens but goinf through the ea app worked this time 

thank you for your help but please continue to look into the screen resolution thing if you can

Message 31 of 229 (839 Views)

Community Manager

@its_swiftie24 

Would you please create a new thread regarding the resolution error so we can continue looking into that with you? 

solaire.png

Message 32 of 229 (830 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay will do

Message 33 of 229 (825 Views)

Re: Cant claim desert lux

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Larrk Thanks for that info, I've sent this report up the chain to the Sims team for investigation and I'll let you know once I get any info to share Standard smile

EACade
Message 34 of 229 (868 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade Okay, thank you! 
I will wait patiently 

Message 35 of 229 (862 Views)

Re: Free Desert Luxe kit?

★★★ Newbie

I’m playing on a MacBook and on origin and on the Home Screen it says buy now for $6.99. I got in touch with ea live chat support and all they were able to tell me was that it’s for pro play subscribers only. Even though it doesn’t state that anywhere. Not in the requirements not in the fine print. Not sure how that works when it’s supposed to be a gift for us who already purchased the game. 

Message 36 of 229 (807 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @tootallsav,

It's available for free for non-member's of EA Play as well. Can you attach a screenshot to your post of where you're being charged for the kit in Origin please? 

solaire.png

Message 37 of 229 (796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I spoke to another rep on live chat and they were able to get it downloaded in my account for free after being told that. This is what it was showing before speaking to the second rep. 

F9C6075E-8801-4255-9907-831378F8755E.jpeg

Message 38 of 229 (785 Views)

Re: Cant redeem Desert Luxe Kit on console

★★★ Newbie

I have the game on Steam and it wont let me redeem the kit.

Message 39 of 229 (807 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is not true, it charged me and now I've been getting endless confused emails from support trying to "figure it out" when they should just be refunding me.

Message 40 of 229 (801 Views)