Resolved - Free Desert Luxe Kit Unable to be Claimed

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Resolved - Free Desert Luxe Kit Unable to be Claimed

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

After being forced to switch over the the new EA app when I reinstalled sims 3 a week or two ago, I am unable to claim the new free Desert Deluxe Kit. It's making me pay for it and provide credit card information. They should have made it free for all platform users. I have purchased all of my content through origin I just can't use origin to play the game anymore because of the forced update. I hope someone is working on this. 

Message 4 of 229 (7,601 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Desert Kit Not Free for EA app Users

Community Manager

Hey all, 

As of now the claim period for the free Desert Luxe kit has ended, the kit is now available for purchase at its regular price in all regions. 

If you were having issues claiming this kit during the time period it was free to purchase, please reach out to an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us or on Twitter at @EAHelp for assistance. 

Thanks!

EACade

View in thread

Message 228 of 229 (2,241 Views)

All Replies

Can't claim the new Desert Luxe Kit

★★★★ Novice

I have the original game from EA Desktop. I was very excited to see that this new kit was available for free, yet when I click on the button to claim it, nothing happens. What am I supposed to do?

Message 1 of 229 (7,580 Views)

Cant claim desert lux

★★★★ Novice

I own the base game via disc, and have since like 2017.... its not giving me the option to claim the new kit, just buy it... I have tried restarting my pc and origin... Anyone know how to help? I tried contacting ea through email but every time they ask for a response and i give one i get a new help person asking the same first question..

Message 2 of 229 (7,376 Views)

Re: Cant claim desert lux

★★★★★ Guide

I can't claim it either because I was forced to the EA app when I reinstalled sims 3. They should have made it available on all platforms before releasing a free Kit. 

Message 3 of 229 (7,356 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@candiecoatediv 

The Sims 3 does not require the EA App. Are you possibly talking about having it through the Xbox game pass? That does require the EA App.

You can have both Origin and the EA App installed at the same time but can only run one at a time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 229 (7,583 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Larrk 

This may be a problem with Origins cache. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 229 (7,347 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The Sims 3 doesn't download with Origin only with the EA App.

Message 7 of 229 (7,573 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did try clearing cache and uninstalling origin and trying the ea app but none of that worked 

Message 8 of 229 (7,328 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ScottDemon 

That should be something new then as it has always worked fine with Origin. Anyway EA says they have fixed the issue with the EA App.

Message 9 of 229 (7,527 Views)

★★★ Novice
@candiecoatediv I'm in NZ and it says I have to pay.
Message 10 of 229 (7,494 Views)