Re: ResetSim not working

by crinrict

Original Post

ResetSim not working

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Journey To Batuu and Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using the ResetSim cheat on a stuck sim
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is stuck and when using the ResetSim-cheat, I get the message «Sim not found»
What do you expect to see? My stuck sim resetting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch from March 23 2021

This doesn’t affect all of my sims. My male sim, in the photos, has been getting stuck in weird places, like sitting in a chair, lying in bed etc. ResetSim won’t work, and I get the message that my sim can’t be found. The only thing that works is exiting and restarting the game.

When he’s stuck, he won’t do anything. Henwon’t take care of his needs, he won’t help my female sim with their toddlers. I have to restart the game for him to be unstuck.

I have removed my one mod from the game, and the issue is still there.

Message 1 of 8 (559 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen What's the name of the Sim ? Can you use testingcheats and debugObjects ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (539 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (496 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I’m not sure if it’s solved or not. I haven’t noticed it happening again.
Message 4 of 8 (482 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen There's an issue with some of the sulani names. Maybe that was the problem ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (480 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I din’t think so. It was a sim I made in CAS using the dices for random name. I don’t have the name in my head, I’ll have to check my game tomorrow, but I’m pretty sure it ended up being a common Norwegian name. That specific sim is not a part of my main sim household.
Message 6 of 8 (472 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@marianlarsen Then maybe some other issue with the Sim

Did you have it on one Sim only ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (461 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict My sim’s name is Stian Mathisen. It seems to be ok now, though.
Message 8 of 8 (426 Views)