Repurchasing Expansions

by SimsLover2247

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Repurchasing Expansions

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Alright, so I understand that I have to repurchase most of my expansion and stuff packs that  flagged for tos.  I’ve contacted EA twice and they’ve done said so and closed the matter. I wasn’t necessarily trying to get them to reinstate my packs but rather update my account so I can repurchase. Origin still acts like I own the deleted packs and says I can download them. How do I get the option to repurchase? I don’t want to contact EA directly again... they were pretty clear with me that they were done with this.

Message 1 of 3 (376 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Repurchasing Expansions

@SimsLover2247  Unfortunately, you do need to deal with EA support again, to get someone to remove the deactivated packs from your account.  There's no way to do it yourself.  As long as the packs are there, you won't be able to buy them again.  If the earlier support rep didn't help, you can tell the next one that you specifically want those packs removed.  It isn't normally a problem to do so.  If you don't get anywhere, let me know, and I'll ask one of the EA community managers here whether there's something else you should be doing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (349 Views)

All Replies

@SimsLover2247  Unfortunately, you do need to deal with EA support again, to get someone to remove the deactivated packs from your account.  There's no way to do it yourself.  As long as the packs are there, you won't be able to buy them again.  If the earlier support rep didn't help, you can tell the next one that you specifically want those packs removed.  It isn't normally a problem to do so.  If you don't get anywhere, let me know, and I'll ask one of the EA community managers here whether there's something else you should be doing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  I was afraid of that. After doing some thinking I’m probably going to go with all disc or Steam so I can avoid 1.69 from now on. I still have my old pre-2012 disc my parents bought me for my birthday in 2009. EA has left a bad taste in my mouth after their customer service. I get that the packs were technically “stolen” but a lot of us buyers didn’t know that and were blindsided. You’d think when you pay you’re getting the legitimate product. I noticed a lot of the other helpers that aren’t employees agree they were harsh. 

Message 3 of 3 (331 Views)