Repairing Sims 4 Origin Error Code 327682:12

by RemixBeatz

Original Post

ERROR CODE: 327682:12

★★★★ Apprentice

ERROR CODE: 327682:12

after installing the bunk beds update, i couldn't place them or any other item in the catalogue. exited the game and retried several times, but no dice. so i decided to repair my game, but that's when the real problems started. it will go through many packs as per usual, but will reach a point where it stalls, then i get the above error code. i've had no problems until now. i own all the packs and i also have loads of CC and a couple of mods, nut they've never caused any problems. 

Message 11 of 57 (364 Views)

Re: ERROR CODE: 327682:12

@smikette  Does it help to clear Origin's cache, as mentioned earlier in this thread?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 57 (335 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

didn"t change a thing. and it takes forever to get the error pop up and origin to close.

Message 13 of 57 (329 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

aaaannnnd, more than an hour later and they still hadn't closed. had to use the task manager to close them.

Message 14 of 57 (328 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

well, i fixed one problem. i uninstalled origin and reinstalled it. automatically continued the repair. lo and behold, i was able to get back into my game, but unfortunately, i still can't place anything from the build or buy or catalogues. even started a new game to see if there was any difference, but alas, no so. and here again i sadly wait. 

Message 15 of 57 (321 Views)

@smikette  This issue is likely caused by an outdated mod, for example Better Build/Buy.  Try removing that if you have it, and delete localthumbcache.package as well.

If you don't have that mod, or removing it doesn't help, move the entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache (again), and test.  If you can place items now, you can start adding back your mods until you figure out which one is causing the problem.

Message 16 of 57 (318 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

now i can't back into my game. Origin is giving me the same error code that i started with. 327682:12. i think i'm just gonna uninstall everything and start fresh. bloody hell! i've been playing The Sims since the very beginning, back in 2000 and i've never had so many issues as i've had in the last year or so. so frustrating and disheartening. 

Message 17 of 57 (308 Views)

@smikette  I'm not sure why Origin is being uncooperative right now, but if you've already started reinstalling Sims 4, it may help to put Origin in offline mode before trying to play.  You may need to launch the game once while in online mode, but after that it should be fine.

Message 18 of 57 (299 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i had started to say that my game was running fine and i could place items from the catalogues, except that lots of things are missing. specifically the kit packs. i own all packs and kits, and i think that's around 43 or so. in my origin library it only shows that 23 were installed, however, when i checked online, it said i own all of them. 

but, just now i tried to open origin several times and it  just won't open. not even when i click Play as Administrator. i've just about had it with this darn game. 

Message 19 of 57 (287 Views)

@smikette  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know what antivirus you run.

Message 20 of 57 (272 Views)