Re: Sims 4 file corrupted

by BlueWizardRob

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Repaired and reinstalled corrupted Sims 4 file, but it's still corrupted

★ Apprentice

Last night I played the Sims 4. It ran normally, no glitches, and it didn't crash or freak out or anything. 

This morning, after getting some new CC, I eagerly hit "Play" on origin, only for it to send me a message like this:

Unable to start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted.

If this file is a mod please remove it and try again. If not, please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\[smubuh] BodysuitPt1\MACOOSX\._[smubuh]AuroraBodysuitFull.package

So I did some googling, and I repaired the game. The same thing happened again. I backed up my game saves to a flash drive, I reinstalled, and it happened again! I'm getting frustrated and really bored as well, lol. What can I do? Did I save it weird (sorry if I'm coming off as really dumb because the file name CONTAINS a name of some cc I downloaded, I'm not really computer-savvy.)

I'll appreciate any help that I can get! Thanks!

Message 2 of 9 (19,975 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team
Moved, and merged with another thread about the same Standard smile

Hi @sollosims,

As @172e3cda00349872 was suggesting, there seems to be an issue with one of the mods you downloaded. The error message is telling you the file causing the problem is: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\[smubuh] BodysuitPt1\MACOOSX\._[smubuh]AuroraBodysuitFull.package

Open that folder and remove the file - then try again Standard smile

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, and welcome to the forums!
-Mai

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (19,888 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 file corrupted

★ Apprentice
I go to play the Sims last night after going CC shopping and when I hit play on origin, it told me the file was corrupted and I needed to repair or reinstall. The repair button wasn’t working, but will I loose all data and game saves if I reinstall it? And how to I reinstall? And my packs, will I have to pay for those again?
Message 1 of 9 (19,925 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I think this post is in the wrong place.  You will get better help in the sims 4 forum.  

Message 3 of 9 (19,908 Views)

Re: Repaired and reinstalled corrupted Sims 4 file, but it's still corrupted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I'm not a Mac user, so if this doesn't work, you may want to post about your issue on the Mac Board: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

It sounds like you may have some outdated mods/cc. If that's the case you might try taking your Mods folder out from the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and move them to the desktop or some where else safe, and try the game again.

Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder. This helps clear up some game glitches and will help to make sure there isn't any issues with any mods or cc. Like mods/cc that are outdated or no longer in game.

If the game runs well without the mods folder. This most likely means that it is outdated mod or cc. This can happen as we get updates for the games, some mods and custom content become outdated. You'll need to to go through your mods folder to find what needs to be replaced.

Finding Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Message 4 of 9 (19,903 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Mai Can you move @sollosims 's post to the Sims 4 Forum. Thanks! 😉😊

Message 5 of 9 (19,897 Views)

EA app Team
Moved, and merged with another thread about the same Standard smile

Hi @sollosims,

As @172e3cda00349872 was suggesting, there seems to be an issue with one of the mods you downloaded. The error message is telling you the file causing the problem is: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\[smubuh] BodysuitPt1\MACOOSX\._[smubuh]AuroraBodysuitFull.package

Open that folder and remove the file - then try again Standard smile

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, and welcome to the forums!
-Mai
Message 6 of 9 (19,889 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Mai Thank you! 😊

Message 7 of 9 (19,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same!

Message 8 of 9 (12,275 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

Since this is a pretty old thread that hasn't been updated in a few years I'm going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you need some help with an issue like this please create a new thread, and we can take a look. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (12,260 Views)