Re: Repair game not working

by CLMerz1948

Original Post

Repair game not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 10.587
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except star wars, eco life
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to use the repair game in Origin
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will not repair it's self. It will repair the Sims 4 game, then will repair two more add on's then it just hangs up and will not work. It freezes the computer up so I have to use the task bar to shut the game down.
What do you expect to see? I haven't played the Sims 4 for three months, but I never had this problem before. I always did repairs and it went right through without and stalling or hanging up at all. I expects to have the same thing happen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This hang up in repairing the game happens every time I try it. It freezes the computer, I have to use task editor to close the program down. I have even uninstalled my whole game twice now. I tried repairing the game after I reinstalled the game with no saves and had the same thing happen. Did the regular program, did two others and completely stopped the repair part and just sat there. I have to uninstall the program again so I can play the game. I have no problems in the game, and I do use cc when playing, however there were no mods involved when I was trying to repair the game, I always remove them first. I do have steam on my computer as I also play Cities Skyline and it loads everyday I turn my computer on. Could this be a problem?

Message 1 of 4 (354 Views)

@CLMerz1948  It wouldn't hurt to try preventing Steam from loading with Windows, or at the very least exiting it before running the Origin repair.  Steam and Origin shouldn't be interacting at all unless you've linked your accounts, but even without that, they could be competing for resources.

For the repair issue, try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (335 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, it worked like a charm....Only file it would not delete was called service logs. Don't know if that's because I'm using windows 10. Would it be okay to delete the local content file I saved? I also did not let steam load. Anywho, I'm a happy girl, thanks for you help. I'm saving the page least it happens again!!!

Message 3 of 4 (322 Views)

@CLMerz1948  I'm glad it worked.  In the future, if you can't delete a file, restart your computer and try again without opening Origin.  There are two processes tied to Origin that don't quit when you close Origin, and they can be accessing some of Origin's cache files, but a restart will shut them down.  Or you can look for the Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service in the Task Manager and manually End Task.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (304 Views)