Relationship panel locking up game

by procian

Original Post

Relationship panel locking up game

★ Guide

Ok...every time I open the relationship panel my gamelocks solid and I get the sims 4 not responding message in control panel..my sim has around 30 friends some with cc some without...this is really annoying especially when I lose 5 hours of gameplay....I have version 1-48-94-1020.

Message 1 of 4 (717 Views)

Re: Relationship panel locking up game

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@procian 
Some outdated CC or mods are causing it.
Move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods and you don't have trouble with the relationship panel. Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
If it does not work then we'll try another method later
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (709 Views)

★ Guide

@kreatora wrote:

@procian 
Some outdated CC or mods are causing it.
Move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods and you don't have trouble with the relationship panel. Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
If it does not work then we'll try another method later
I don't work for EA

Ok I find that if I access the relationship panel while my sim is chatting online using the computer this is when the game locks up...if I wait till they've finished it doesn't do it.....it's a base game computer and the only cc is clothing and hair+plus some skintones.

Message 3 of 4 (701 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@procian

How many sims you have in this family? Well, it looks like a game bug that arises in one particular situation. It is similar to this https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Lagging-freezing-with-Friendship-relationship-lis/...
For now, it may be better to hide this computer to prevent the sim to use it and chatting.

Message 4 of 4 (697 Views)