Re: Registration issues!

by only1alleycat07

Original Post

Registration issues!

★★★ Newbie

I cant register my expansion packs to my new acct my old acct got hacked so I'm trying to re-register them. How can i do this without it saying all my codes are already registered????

Message 1 of 6 (433 Views)

@Brei2425  Once a code has been registered to an account, it can't be used again.  So there's unfortunately no way you can add the codes to your new account, even though you're the original owner.

Have you tried to recover your old account?  You may be able to do so if you can prove that you're the legitimate owner of the account.  You can try contacting EA customer support and/or filling out the Account Recovery form:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

http://help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form

Otherwise, you might be able to install entirely via disc, with no Origin involvement.  This only works on Windows, and only if you own disc copies of all your packs, plus a base game disc manufactured before September 2012.  If the other route fails, and you want to try an all-disc install, let me know and I'll post instructions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (422 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I just tried this with these people and I still don't have any downloads yet! I even give them another email to work with and nothing happened. They even told me that the problem had been fixed when it had not! I don't know what else to do. I am going through sims withdraw and I am a cranky woman because of it. They are no help at all.

Message 3 of 6 (367 Views)

@only1alleycat07  What exactly isn't working for you?  Is it that the account recovery team hasn't yet responded?  It sometimes takes a few days, especially over a weekend.  Otherwise, please let me know what's going on, and I'll try to help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure that either hand knows what the other is doing. I get about the product codes, which is aggravating. However, as for the recovery of an account, I got emails that stated they had done a recovery, yet I log in and here I am responding to you. Make sense to you?

Message 5 of 6 (343 Views)

Community Manager

Hi 

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean @only1alleycat07, but when there's two accounts involved it tends to become confusing very quickly.

For this matter, you will need to get in contact with the EA Help Support team asap as we can't assist with account recovery cases on the forum. Please send in a Help ticket to the support team and if the option is available, try for a callback: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ . I personally find chatting over the phone to be easier when it comes to explaining issues and if there's any parts that don't make sense, you'll already be in touch with the agent live to be able to ask for more clarification. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (323 Views)