Re: Registration Free Simpoints Issue (Only got half of them.)

by Bunnic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Registration Free Simpoints Issue (Only got half of them.)

★★★★ Novice

Hello. I just bought myself the Sims 3 plus Seasons today. I registered the games. When the button for redeeming my "10 dollars" of simpoints finally showed up on the sims 3 website, I clicked it, expecting 1000 simpoints. I only got 500 points. I am very peeved about this (trying to be polite with my words here...)  

I wanted to send an email to whomever, but the help button on the sims 3 site lead to Origin, which then gave me the link to this forum here, not giving me an actual way to contact the party needed to fix my issue. I do not know exactly whom can help, but, I did triple check, and I do know for a fact that 10 dollars of sim points is 1000 points, NOT 500. I feel ripped off. I registered TWO games, and only got HALF of my free points. I was looking forward to buying the cow plant. If an admin or whomever is capable of giving me my other half of my free points could please help, I would appreciate it. I did not just spend 50 dollars in the store on these games just to get ripped off and not given my sim points. 

Thank You.

Message 1 of 25 (1,748 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I accidentally bought a copy of pets PLUS ts3, so I couldn't get the points for that one. But I gave the code to the person I stay with, so they could have  copy of the base game at least.

BUT. After months of waiting, to my shock and suprize, I got this message in my emails: (It was dated the 6th, but I didn't have a connection that day, so I just got it.)

"Hi there! Sorry for the delay, however we did receive your letter about your missing Sim Points. I have added 1000 SimPoints to your account, to make up for the missing ones.
Thanks for your patience, and have a wonderful day!"

So I guess my issue is solved. It just took like forever. BUT. :3 I got an extra 500. So Thank you, EA. 

I guess the solution is to mail a letter to them. ._. the address is the only contact info that I've found.

View in thread

Message 16 of 25 (1,224 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Get in touch with Customer Support.

You have the option to contact them by mail, phone or Live Chat. Make sure you have a game, a category and a platform selected for the options to become available.

Message 2 of 25 (1,731 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That doesn't help. That's the link that I clicked on originally, and it only directed me to this forum. There was no email listed, and I can't find a phone number anywhere. And the disk case only has a mailing address. When I go to that link and fill out the thing it just says, "how do you want to contact us?" and gives a link to here, or a link to live chat, and I'd prefer to not chat live via IM. 

I'm sorry if I sound rude or if I sound like I'm being obstinant, but, I'm being run in circles and it's really getting on my nerves.

Message 3 of 25 (1,723 Views)

Hero

See, we're all users here like you. We cannot look into your account to see what went wrong. Only Customer Support can do this. I know that Customer Support is a pain and this forum should not be an option for account issues cause, we can't help you. So, this will stuck you with live chat as the only option. You can try if Email shows up if you choose a different category (but email is normally ridiciouly slow. It took them 2 month to get back to me on my issue) so, try Live Chat really is your best option.

Most of us don't work for EA and the ones who do (the community managers) don't have the power to look into your account to add the points to your account.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (1,719 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Scratch that i can't leave you a private message.

I requested your friendship.

What I need is the code you used. The reason that you need to send it privately is to no one else see the code =) can you send me a private message with the code?

thanks

Message 5 of 25 (1,711 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't see any friends requests. 

I've sent a paper letter to EA via the mail. It should have finally made it's way into a post box today. I don't know why you need my registration codes- I'm the only person to have used them. I have not given them to anyone, and am the only person using this computer. I do not let anyone on my accounts, and I never share passwords. (I'm not that stupid, lolol) 

I addressed the envelope to the "missing simpoints department" hoping they'll know which department deals with that stuff. I included everything I thought they would need to help- such as my email, my username, and the barcode number off the box.

Message 6 of 25 (1,704 Views)

Hero

Send Russkii a private message. It's the fastet way you'll get helped.

FR are not really necessary here, you should be able to just PM her.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 25 (1,699 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well I don't see any way to PM anyone. Not on here nor on the sims 3 website. There's no button for it. But that's the least of my concern. My letter is in the mail. They'll get it within a couple days. I asked them to reply via email in the letter.

Message 8 of 25 (1,693 Views)

Hero

You don't have a little grey envelope in the upper right corner here ?

You can try this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose

---

Anyways. I hope you get it solved this way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 25 (1,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did this get resolved for you?  I have just registered my new game and went to redeem the sim points and also only received 500.  I was wondering if you could tell me how you resolved your problem so I could try that, too.

Cheers.

Message 10 of 25 (1,556 Views)